Local NE OH CL finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    From what you described, I'd walk away from that. It is THAT bad..
    meh, people buy with their eyes, here is the car in my reader's ride thread when I got it for $450 http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...Old-90-Lincoln and I did have a fuel line and shocks put on, forgot to list those. But after three years on neglect (maybe washing it twice and only doing repairs, nothing cosmetic) I'll post some pics here later today. I didn't buy it to save it, I bought it as a winter beater and something for my dad/me to put ALL the miles on. It's never stranded us, we can throw the trimming/push mower in the trunk and it closes with the handle folded to go over and do my mom's yard. And it never even got cold enough this winter to cause any of the starting issues where we had to use the channel locks on the solenoid to start it.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Depends on the price & purpose of course. I'd like to buy this beater truck: http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/5551756210.html
      as I don't think the rust is that bad and only expect to get maybe four years out of it. I have higher standards for my primary vehicle though. I know that visible rust means stiff bolts, crusty lines, possibly bad strut mounts/body mounts, hidden rust, bad grounds/connections.. Since trips to Florida might be a regular thing for us I'd rather spend an extra 400-1,000 bucks on a more solid vehicle. Not like Florida is a sure thing though, last time we went nothing panned out but the cars were certainly solid and the prices were comparable to the rust buckets around here.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Okay, here's current pics of the beater '90 TC. Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160427_001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	1280055Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160427_002.jpg
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	1280056Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160427_003.jpg
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1280057Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160427_004.jpg
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	1280058Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160427_005.jpg
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1280059Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160427_006.jpg
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1280060Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160427_007.jpg
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	1280061Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160427_008.jpg
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1280062

Sure it's not that pretty anymore but it's not structurally unsound because of the rust yet.
        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

if it wasn't for the lower rust, I would just satin clear coat it and call it a day.....
          I'm not completely oblivious to reality, I just choose to reject it when it doesn't line up with my opinions. (thanx Thain!)

Comment

1985 CV 4 door, purported 52k, slick top poverty model, chrome rear trim (was this a police unit?) crank windows, can't tell from two pics about the locks $2200 Cleveland http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5541898792.html

Comment

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5587974515.html 1977 Lincoln 4x4 $3k

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Comment

Love it!! Looks just like mine, you know, minus the 4x4 haha

Comment

Never really understood the 4x4 car deal. Looks like the seller may need to air down the tires to get it out of the garage!
                  1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                  1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                  Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                  Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

10/10 would hoon.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                      Never really understood the 4x4 car deal. Looks like the seller may need to air down the tires to get it out of the garage!
                      I never did either. Whether they did or not it says, "We took a K5 frame or something of that nature and slapped this on it."
                      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                        Colony Park! Crappy Ghostbusters Conversion! http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5545894564.html $1500
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

1981 LTD Waggin', no woodgrain, low/no option $2500 https://erie.craigslist.org/cto/5587687258.html

Comment

that green tho

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                              1981 LTD Waggin', no woodgrain, low/no option $2500 https://erie.craigslist.org/cto/5587687258.html

Looks like a winner to me.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

'79 LTD S 2 door roller $800 Columbus https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/5591832939.html

Comment

Working...
                                X