Hello, I'm glad I found this forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I'm glad I found this forum

Well, I was just stopping by to say hi, and that I'm glad that I found this forum. I am a proud owner of a 1992, 120k, MGM. I love it. I already put 8k miles on it in less than 2 or 3 months. I couldn't be happier. This is my first vehicle, and even though I was looking for a Toyota, grandpa (a 75yo mechanic) told me that those were "qu33r" cars, that what I needed was a reliable, huge, macho, good, olde Ford. As soon as I test drove it, I fell in love with it. When I drove my friends Smart car again I just thought that the MGM was heaven.

I already dumped the JBL sound system, (put an aftermarket GREAT Sony sound system). I have minor issues with it (specially electronic) and a little knock, knock (after driving it with less than 3 quarts of oil for over 1k miles, and a faulty water pump). Any sugestions will be welcomed on how to upgrade this vehicle. I will never change to a little vehicle again. I want to sell this one for as little I will get (they are NOT very welcomed by Mexicans due to their awful driving and low gas mileage) and get a newer one, or a LTC. I get 16mpg in city and about 24mpg on Hwy. But previous owner got 12mpg in city, 20 on hwy (he had to be driving like crazy).

Howdy and welcome to GMN! You should be able to find everything you need here.

I've always liked the front of the 92-93 Marquis. Sharp looking cars.

sigpic
    - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Welcome to the Party!!
      Where are you from? Any pictures??

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

I am from Mexico, living in Riviera Nayarit (close to Puerto Vallarta). Learned English here, with a redneck. I don't have pictures right now, but will be posting.

Comment

Welcome to GMN!

your grandpa speaks the truth btw
          1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
          1994 MGM GS Montigua
          2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
          2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Welcome to the party!!!
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD