X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

timing a CH off ?
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Possibly. I noticed I have a little less vacuum now too and as mentioned earlier this could indicate bad timing. I set it to tdc and pointed rotor towards peg 1 so hopefully it's just the distributor rotation that's off.

If I'm off a tooth or two I should be able to compensate by rotating the distributor correct?
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

one, probably. You've got it at 10 BTDC with the spout connector unplugged right ? As long as the TFI isn't jammed hard against something, the distributor is where it belongs.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yep got it today. I was a little off without the light. Ran perfect today. Tomorrow it's supposed to be cold out so It'll be a good test then. Hasn't been too cold out recently
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

Have an update on my CFI-SEFI swap

First, the car has been running great with my new distributor and advanced timing, plenty of power and throttle response for the old lopo. I still need to wire in my NSS which is different than the newer harness that has been used on other swaps. My harness only has 1 wire which will be easy to splice together once I take the time to find it in the SEFI harness. I also need to get my tripminder working with the SEFI, mine is reading ridiculously (200MPG). It was fine with the CFI.

Second, My cars parking pawl broke so it is at the tranny shop now and while its there I asked the guy if he could do anything with the TV lever. (mine hits in park so I cannot give the car gas in park) he said the only thing he could do was fab up a custom lever or swap the selector linkage from a newer panther. So if I wanted to fix the TV problem I could swap the selector linkages, which doesn't really seem worth the trouble to me.

Since this thread was made a sticky I will probably add a final write up with pictures of major changes needed once I finish up the NSS wiring, hopefully it would help anyone else wanting to do the swap.

Comment

Working...
            X