No announcement yet.

'01 TC Rear End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the info guys! im actually gonna go with 3.55's instead just to save a little gas, haha. any opinion on the ones rock auto sells or would i be better off tryin to find used?
    2010 Toyota Camry "Traveller II "
    54,xxx miles. New daily driver
    2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature "Leroy"
    rear cats deleted, 2" h pipe, dual 8" cherry bomb glasspacks
    114k miles. Sold to my coworker.
    1998 Toyota Camry "Traveller"
    Dead and sold.

Comment

ford raceing ring and pinion set new made in USA. $180 at summit raceing or probably a few other places.

You could look for a used ring and pinion to cut down on that $180 portion of the cost.

It will most likely be good if you use ford gears. Not for certain but everyone I have ever talked to about this indicates that if you reuse the same original pinion shim with another ford gear the pinion depth will be good. It is not necesarily what the books say but there you go. That is what the marking compound will confirm for you.
      Last edited by jaywish; 10-02-2012, 11:33 PM.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

ford racing tech support is clueless! there is no spoon!

all panthers are 28 spline up to 2002 except the limo prep rears.
        fox mustangs are 28 spline, not sure about the sn95's.........truck axles are 31 spline.......marauders iirc are 31 spline, not sure about the rest of the 03+ panthers

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Hi Scott,

Yes 28 spline axles, and 30 spline pinion gears.
          Last edited by jaywish; 10-03-2012, 12:08 AM.
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

i seen the ring and pinion set on ADTR for 190, as well as the 28 spline trac lok for 209, will have to shop around some more to see if i can find any good used ring and pinons. any ideas on where to look?
            Dead and sold.

Comment

The usa standard gear set on rock auto says not recommended for use on quiet running vehicles, so I guess it will whine or roar a bit. It is inexpensive and says good for use when cost must be kept down.
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

yeah, i didnt quite understand what that meant when i read it. not really worried about that since i'll be puttin true duals on it in a couple weeks
                Dead and sold.

Comment

An alternative might be to go with a used carrier and new gears? You could change the clutch pack IF necessary. $60 for the clutches.

Try a want add in the wanted to buy section. There a a few great people here who a great at finding parts. There is even a thread reviewing intermember sales.
                  02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Originally posted by 01Townie View Post
                    i seen the ring and pinion set on ADTR for 190, as well as the 28 spline trac lok for 209, will have to shop around some more to see if i can find any good used ring and pinons. any ideas on where to look?
                    the new mustangs have all sorts of rear issues cause of the made in china ring and pinions

i would get some 3.73's out of a ford explorer in the u-pull-it

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                    X