Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford Contour Electric Fan Retrofit/Conversion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah... mine was crap. The transmission grenaded by dropping into 1st at 70 and overspun the engine to the tune of 8+K rpm (estimated by the distance past the last marking that the needle moved on the tach). The guy that bought it from me and put a new engine and trans in it said the old one had destroyed the dizzy gear, blown head gasket, and the trans was completely screwed.

Never got better than 24 mpg in that thing... and typical city mileage was about 18.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Maybe the older ones were more efficient? Still got decent pickup for a low HP engine and the MPG's are still good. Only non-stock change was a K&N filter that went into the original air box.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Working...
      X