good tires
    clean and good shape
    cashier's check

Click image for larger version

Name:	5I35G15E13k33F23Mec9p8291fb9ee8431c35.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	1299150
    ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
    ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

does that...exist?

The main problem with it, assuming there's little to no other badging, is that you'd have to make sure you never had to replace the top or it kind of kills the specialness.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

looks like a "regional" option (dont know if they still do this kinda thing...but sometimes when a particular model doest sell well,they come out with "regional" special model options...some have become very collectible,but most are just of the "paint & trim" type,and ,although interesting,aern't worth much more,if any more than "going" rate for condition.....one example of a "collectable" regional model would be a "california special" mustang from the 60's,buick also made a"california special" skylark GS in 68 or 69)

Comment

Interesting. Its not even fully loaded. No leather, no sunroof, and no tripminder.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Wonder if its a regional special like mentioned, or something someone just had stitched into a new top.
          2003 Crown Vic - Stainless Works Longtubes + 2.5" exhaust, 19" C/S Wheels, 70MM TB
          2004 Dodge Ram 2500, Yeah, It's got a Hemi
          2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab

Comment

I don't care what it is it's cool I always wondered what that signature series town car trim would look like on one and now I know, and it even has a sunroof.
            Last edited by mercurygm88; 10-05-2012, 07:02 PM.
            2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

these guys never show the front grille. the last two that i have ever senn, had them fancy aftermarket, caddy style grille.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

It has a Sunroof, but it must have been a dealer option. AFAIK Box Vic's and GMs didn't offer a sunroof as a factory option.

Mercgm88 that GM is the exact color scheme of the 89 TC SS I had.
                2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                Past Panthers
                1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

hmm i worked at a lincoln mercury dealer in 89 and have never seen one of those

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I saw some "sunsetter" version or something of a '91 cougar for sale locally on craigslist awhile back. Mock top >_< and all. This isn't any official special car. It's a dealer-bastardized nothing.
                    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Oct 28, 1988 gadsden alabama newspaper mentions 50th anniversary grand marquis. I was actually able to find several newspapers in which this car was mentioned but I couldn't find any other info on it.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=2771,5660185
                      Last edited by mercurygm88; 10-06-2012, 01:10 AM.
                      2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

The early 90's Cougar I saw was a Florida car. t65neon5 is right, it's a regional option. They must not have been selling well in 'bama region in '88.
                        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I lucked up on one of those "special" grills on ebay. Got it for around $100. Looks pretty good on my '89 black Grand Marquis!

Comment

My '89 50th anniversary edition MGM does not have the special grille like papawto8 has. It does have the cloth top with the gold medallion on the C-pillar pictured in the first post of this thread. As far as features, mine is just a GS with power locks, mirrors, and windows, rear defrost, and auto head lights. No power antennae, no power passenger seat (but I did add it), no leather, no sun roof, no premium sound just a nearly plain MGM GS.
                            There also is a sticker on my trunk lid from the company that the dealer had installed the top which lists the company name (don't remember what it said), car color, top color, and the last 6 of the vin (which is slightly different from my vin, which tells me this company must have done a batch of cars for this dealer all at once).
                            Next time I'm up to my parents' house I'll have to get some pics of the 50th anniversary stuff that the dealer added (medallions, decals, and the top).
                            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Same thing as all those "Texas Edition" or "Lone Star Edition" trucks you see here.
                              1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

Working...
                              X