Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I got the 560k6 to eliminate my smog pump because it was making some hellish noise. When I routed it under the tensioner, it hit the smog pump a little. Routing it over the tensioner eliminated this problem, but the belt was super-tight and a whore to get on the pulley. Anybody else have this experience?

Comment

Remove the smog pump pulley. SHould be just 3 bolts to remove it. Or you remove the whole pump.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It is in fact three to remove the smog pulley.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

3 10mm.

Comment

Yes, I initially removed the smog pump pulley, but the belt was still hitting the smog pump body a little. Didn't want to remove the pump because of all the hose mess which I plan to re-connect at some point, so I routed the belt over top of the idler. It was a bitch but I got the bastard over top of it. My smog pump sounds like a barrel full of rocks when you spin it. The one on the box at the junkyard sounded worse, so I'm going to need a rebuild or to get this one rebuilt. Any suggestions? My mechanic buddy says most recon ones available sound like crap too.

Comment

Open it, knock the guts out of it, pack it with grease, and stick it back on there. It will be as effective as it was when working and with it bypassed but it won't make stupid noises or fail you for smog nazi checks.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yes putting the belt on can be a bitch. Loosening the a/c compressor mounting bolts tends to give the wiggle room you need to get the belt on.

Comment

Thanks guys, maybe i'll snag the one at the junkyard and tear it apart to see if I can un-fuck it. That way I just have to swap it over.

Comment

Thanks John so much for writing up this just what I needed to know I needed to know the 505k6 belt

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Working...
                    X