help i have a guestion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help i have a guestion!

not sure if this is the right blog site on here,,i have a question about a car i have to work on for school. i am to figure out why the brakes will not work,, what they are doing is this, step on brake and there is sound like the car is going to fall apart (strange grinding), and the pedal shakes the car is a 2000 Taurus. replaced the front already( did not stop the noise) if it turns out to be the abs system what do i do. we are to repair the cars in class for the least amount of money..by the way these are not real cars it is all done by simulator.

What exactly did you do? Sounds like a rotor or caliper issue but we would need more info.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

i am a student and my project for the week is to repair a car with braking trouble i have replaced the front brakes but the noise is still there and the pedelstill shakes when pressed. never thought of the caliper thanks for the info i have only been in school for 2 weeks

Comment

inspect the rear brakes for out of round/warped... check the ABS wheel sensors to make sure they're all plugged in and aligned properly. Read the codes off the car to see if there's any ABS related stuff. If you have access to a ship manual... check out the troubleshooting procedures for brake issues involving ABS.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

steering wheel shake front brakes, pedal shake rear brakes......prob the caliper brackets siezed and one of the pads into the rotors, could be a stuck caliper too

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

ty will check man it is nice to be part of this group, you all are so kind to help a greenhorn. i am making notes of all your info.

Comment

If the ABS is kicking in, the pedal will probably push back up at you and give you a nice foot massage. Sounds like really shot to hell brakes to me, probably you'll find one of the rear caliper slides is seized and the rotor is half gone.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ty everyone that has taken time to help me..the simulator took all the info and it works..told the teacher about all your help..he also thinks it is great..only got a B because i asked for help but that is ok he liked the idea..hey we were told we could research if we needed help. now it is on to a tune-up think i can do this but if i need help it is good to know i have friends like you to lean on. i should have payed more attention to my dad before he passed away but i was more into body and paint not being a grease monkey but i will do him proud now. my job is doing good also they help me also. again ty to those that give a care about a small town boy that just wants to learn.

Comment

Working...
                X