• Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice townie

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I miss driving this car! It's been in the shop for about two weeks now working on the problem with the electrical drain (shop is fixing it free of charge.) I went over to see the car today where it was parked in their back lot. It was supposed to be finished tomorrow morning but overnight some crackhead had cut the battery cables and stolen the battery right out of the car. Glad nothing else was stolen or damaged! Cops were called soon after. The shop will be buying me a new battery (hopefully more powerful than my last one) and repairing the damage. They probably won't be leaving the keys with their cars either.

I looked at the interior and it looks like the headliner magically rose back up again. I don't know if the fabric was tightened or glued into place, but it looks much better and I'm not going to argue!

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
      2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
      2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
        Rust free and running with decent paint I don't think 2 grand is that bad. Nice car all around.

Got any future plans for this car?
        I was thinking just that when I read the first post. THis is a good foundation for a hot rod or resto project.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          BTW, those aren't turbines, they are the lace spoke wheels, and its a Lincoln-only option.
          Yep and although the center caps look just like the Turbines, they are different. Ask me how I know!

Nice looking TC there. I like the color combo. I don't think you did bad for 2K. Today most anything not rusty and running/driving is worth that.
          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
          Past Panthers
          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Gorgeous! Good to see another coach roof in good shape

Comment

Coach roofs hold up MUCH better than vinyl.
              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
              Past Panthers
              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Comment

The coach roof is in pretty decent shape right now, just a little rough around the edges. It's nothing a little superglue or needle and thread can't fix.

My car had been in the shop for the past three weeks for an electrical problem (I told them to take their time as I had another car to drive and I wanted to make sure the problem was fixed for good.) When I went to see the car a few days ago, it looked like someone had cut all the battery cables and stolen the battery! Next day I discovered that my 500w amp and 12" Type-R subwoofer were also gone. The evidence left behind pointed to an inside job by someone from the shop as all the other cars remained untouched. A police report was filed and the owner was determined to make things right with us, so he offered to pay for replacement equipment.

This Friday I will be getting a 500w JL Audio mono amp and a 12" W3 subwoofer in a ported enclosure. This was the closest thing to what was in my car (in fact it's a shade better) and it won't cost me a dime. All the existing wiring is still there so I just have to hook everything back up. Luckily nothing else was damaged.

Comment

Well thats fucked up...

Comment

Dang mang, that sucks. But glad the shop is making it right!

sigpic
                    - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

If possible I'd take my business elsewhere as the same culprits may return for "Round 2" after the new stuff is installed!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

I was really surprised when it happened! I've gone there for two years and I've usually gotten great service. But it takes only one bad apple in the group, probably somebody new who saw the system in my car and wanted it. I do think that some random junkie stole the battery, as they've been known to do that. Probably some tech saw what happened and decided to take the stereo equipment and blame it on the original thief. I may go there again but I won't have anything valuable in the car and I certainly won't leave it overnight!

Comment

Sorry to hear that mang, I really hope they catch the bastard or some kind of karmic payback flies their way.

I was into the big system stuff right out of high school, I'd had a tape deck pioneer system installed, and new speakers, but the biggest thing was a 1000w amp & 4 12" subs in the trunk. It was kind of hilarious because guys at work, one drove a '92 Camaro, other drove a '88 or so Firebird, & kids in the parking lot were scoping them out looking in the hatches to see if they had a system to steal, but they totally ignored my 'grandpa car' ('88 LTD) parked inbetween them with the tinted windows.
                          Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I finally got the sound system! The shop paid for a new JL Audio W3 subwoofer (12 inch, 4 ohm) in a ported box which was twice as large as the previous sealed enclosure I had. I also got a JL 500Watt RMS JX-series monoblock amp. I like this new one better because it's half the size of my last anp and it installed much easier. It didn't even need those flimsy brass connectors that would always fall off from my old amplifier. And it sounds great too! I'd say it still needs to be broken in but it sounds a great deal louder than the Type-R.

Comment

I've been browsing craigslist to see if my stuff would show up there. Not like I want it back or anything, but agreeing to meet up with the seller/thief and watching them run away upon seeing my car (which I'm sure they would recognize) is satisfaction enough for me.

Comment

People that steal stuff usually aren't dumb enough to sell it on a local CL. You never know though!

Glad the shop hooked you up with new equipment.
                                Past Panthers

Comment

Working...
                                X