No announcement yet.

Directional Cherry Bombs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks man. The cats are coming off my car so it will probly be a tad louder... I Appoligze for thread jacking.

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post

Here is a quick little vid I took in the fall. Its complete with belt squeak and all
      sounds pretty sick mang!
      2010 Toyota Camry "Traveller II "
      54,xxx miles. New daily driver
      2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature "Leroy"
      rear cats deleted, 2" h pipe, dual 8" cherry bomb glasspacks
      114k miles. Sold to my coworker.
      1998 Toyota Camry "Traveller"
      Dead and sold.

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
        I'd rather had a deeper rumble or smooth tone on a V8, I prefer the snap crackle and pop on a 6 cylinder, either a divorced dual V6 or split manifold inline 6, with small 2" pipe straight or louvered glasspacked.

As far as I know the cheaper Summit and Flowtech glasspacks are louvered and Cherry Bomb and Thrush use perforated cores.
        its pretty smooth when im drivinn it normal. i dont normally get the crackle and pop unless im revvin it around the limiter.
        2010 Toyota Camry "Traveller II "
        54,xxx miles. New daily driver
        2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature "Leroy"
        rear cats deleted, 2" h pipe, dual 8" cherry bomb glasspacks
        114k miles. Sold to my coworker.
        1998 Toyota Camry "Traveller"
        Dead and sold.

Comment

my 26 inch glass packs were on a kind of odd side, they were same size, but inside they were different, they both had perforated louvers inside wich i stuck the higher end towards the engine, and one was straight while the other was a spiral inside gave it a unique tone,almost deisely but not quite. i liked em they were 14 bucks a piece. i liked the way they sounded, but then again i also had bbk shorties with no cats too lol.
          89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

I really only like glasspacks on engines that run cooler like carbed engines. If you run a 160 degree t-stat and place the 'packs as far back as you can they shouldn't burn out so they always have a decent sound. A friends of mine is building a '29 Ford Coupe with a flathead V8 and he might put glasspacks on it, which I think would sound great since it won't run hot enough to burn the packing out.
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Working...
            X