Pop's Merc 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pop's Merc 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate

Hey everyone. This is my 2004 MGM LS. My Grandfather bought it in January 2005 with 10K on the clock. I actually found it for him at Holman Lincoln Mercury in Maple Shade NJ. He loved it at first look and drive. The dealer and I were $500 apart on price and I made him walk. I told him we will find another one. The next day he called asking to "split the difference". They said yes and he went up there and traded his 98 TC in on the Merc.

Car served him well and now has 78K on the clock. He passed away in September and we miss him very much. The family all agreed I should take the car as I love Panthers and he would have wanted me to have it.

Its loaded pretty much to the max, digital dash, heated seats, air ride, side air bags, wood wheel w/radio climate and the rest of the LS goodies. This car came before all the decontenting of the newer Panthers.

The car has it's share of bumps and bruises, but it shows well and everything works except for the power pedals.

I just got done a full clean up, clay bar and wax. The interior was just gone over quickly and needs a little work.

OK, I'll shut up and get on with the pictures. They came out dark, I probably have a setting off on my DSLR.

Engine needs some detailing
    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Plans are to pretty much keep it stock.

Short list of mods are a double din navigation head unit and possibly CVPI duals.
    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Comment

you will love it my pops has a 06 ultimate as well he loves it the front heated seats rock. his has over 206k on it now

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

very nice... without taking note of the badges... you might mistake that for a town car.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

nice!!!

Comment

Looking good!

-ryan s.
            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
            Originally posted by pantera77
            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Thanks guys!
              Past Panthers

Comment

Is the interior grey or blue?
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

It's actually black.
                  Past Panthers

Comment

Awesome!

Pete
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                    1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                    1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Nice! Obviously you guys know how to keep a Panther

Packman

Comment

Thanks. Pop had many a Panther, he always kept them nice.

198? Mark VI Givenchy
                        1985 Town Car Exec
                        1989 Grand Marquis LS (sold to me at deep discount as my first car)
                        1993 Town Car Cartier
                        1998 Town Car Signature Touring
                        and the 04 that I now have
                        Past Panthers

Comment

Thanks again everyone for POTM. Pop would have gotten a real kick out of seeing his car on a website!

Haven't put too many miles on it, but over the last two tanks of gas the car is getting 15.8 MPG. Not too bad in the winter, mostly city and a heavy foot.

I've been looking at some Pioneer AVIC head units that I want to install in the spring. The double din install looks to be pretty straight forward with just a little trimming of the dash. I'll probably throw in a amp and some new speakers as well. I have two older Alpine amps somewhere at my parent's house, but I can't seem to locate them.
                          Past Panthers

Comment

Not sure if you need an amp or not - depends on the head unit. As you probably know they have the install kits/harnesses so it is usually a easy job without dash fabrication. Kudos to you and pops for keeping it so well. I wish you many more years of fun driving!! Some idiot "t-boned" my Dad's mint '93 GM or I'd still have it. Since he passed in April 2011 it bothers me even more.....Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

From my research putting in a double-din unit into our cars does require a little trimming even with a kit. For the wiring, yes harness all the way!

As for an amp, the unit I'm looking at is something like 22 RMS W/channel. That may be OK, but I think I would want a little more. A 50WX4 quality amp should do the job nicely.
                              Past Panthers

Comment

Working...
                              X