No announcement yet.

Pop's Merc 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought, thought, they changed the dash guts in 03 to a double din OK setup.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, because I hope for one in my 03!

Pete
    Originally posted by gadget73
    For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
    1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
    1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Originally posted by Piece-it pete View Post
      I thought, thought, they changed the dash guts in 03 to a double din OK setup.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, because I hope for one in my 03!

Pete
      Yes, they revised the defroster duct in 03 to allow a true DD. The only problem I've read about is there are 4 1/4" or so tabs on the inside of the dash bezel that need to be trimmed. It doesn't sound like a big deal. When I install it, I'll post up some pics.

The wife just got some fancy Kitchen Aid mixer, so..... my head unit is the next splurge!
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Turned 80K today on the way to work, I missed getting a picture of the odometer.
        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
        Past Panthers
        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Comment

I have a pic of my Lincoln's odo at 80k but it's on a crappy old cell phone and the odo numbers are all uneven.

Btw you ever put duals on it? I think duals with no mufflers and stock Marauder tips would be awesome, loud but no pop with the tips.
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

So, mini update time. Car has been pretty good to me other than the blower motor taking a dump on 15 degree morning, and I put a new set of rear shocks to replace one that was leaking. That made a nice difference in the ride.

Been super busy, so I took the car to get washed the other day and they ripped off one of the aftermarket Chrome fender trims.So, I am in the process of removing them all.So far passenger front is pretty much mint underneath, and the passenger rear only has one little spot of scraped paint and a touch of rust where the vinyl edging had disappeared (down by the rocker).I have to get a good bit of black goopy adhesive off, but I’m thinking a hair dryer and Goo Gone should make that pretty easy.

Also,got my double din Nav unit installed with an amp and four speakers.It’s not quite done yet, I’m all wired for another amp, sub and backup camera.I’ll take pictures when I get to finish it all up.

Finally, I turned 90K and managed to get the obligatory snapshot .

One more note, car has been averaging a solid 18-19 mpg with my 70hwy/30city commute. Ironically, the same as the 2012 Lacrosse.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by tjc78; 06-21-2014, 02:06 PM.
            Past Panthers

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
              I have a pic of my Lincoln's odo at 80k but it's on a crappy old cell phone and the odo numbers are all uneven.

Btw you ever put duals on it? I think duals with no mufflers and stock Marauder tips would be awesome, loud but no pop with the tips.
              Sorry, never saw your reply. No duals yet, maybe by the end of the year.
              Past Panthers

Comment

Update.. Still have the Merc, don't drive it all too much it's getting ready to turn 97,000.

Time to start thinking about new plugs, and other maintenance items at 100K

Back in late July (on my birthday no less) I got rear ended by an F350 towing a trailer. Not much damage, but after waiting for the police report and insurance BS I just got it back. Shop did an awesome job, and I'm happy with the results. They had to put a new bumper cover, driver's taillight and some work behind the bumper. I'll have to put up some before and after pics.
                Past Panthers

Comment

And we have 100K!
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	20160405_173132.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	885.1 KB
ID:	1279189

Not much to report. Just had the blower motor controller replaced again, otherwise all is fine. I've been with this car since Feb 05 when it just crossed 10K and Pop bought it.

All the chrome wheel moldings are gone and paint cleaned up underneath. I still after God knows how long haven't added my sub... maybe this spring. I have everything, just need to make up a custom box to squeeze in to the left of the spare tire. All the wiring is there too, I ran everything (extra set of RCAs and a distribution block for power) when I installed the head unit, amp and speakers.
                  Past Panthers

Comment

The final chapter of the car is complete. I sold it to a fellow Panther lover (had a 96 Town Car) who was extremely happy to get it. This was the first person to look at it and he jumped on it.

All told we had this car in the family since Feb 2005, and I drove it a few weeks shy of four years and put about 25K miles on it.

Not sure what will replace it, but unfortunately it won't be a Panther. It will be something new, small, and boring.

Once my kids are out of daycare and I can scratch up the cash, I want another box Townie. Until then, I'm Pantherless.... I'll still be here checking out all the cool cars!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2111.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1280891
                    Past Panthers

Comment

Working...
                    X