Box or Aero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box or Aero

Don't know where else to post this, or if it has been done before but...

Who prefers what, and why?
    Box vs Aero
    -85 Town Car: Crushed, gone to a better place.
    -91 Grand Marquis: With the Town Car
    -94 Grand Marquis: My DD

Boxes for me it has to do with pushrod v8 and chrome bumpers ,the way cars used to be
    1989 crown Vic daily driver 165k and counting!
    1987 MGM 49xxx mi awaiting light resto

Comment

Got an '87 GM and '95 but prefer the '87. Not quite as a refined ride but reliable as all hell and have had it since new. Had to "de-hoochiefy" the '95!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

The box panther. Real materials for a real car. Parts are everywhere and interchangeable. Reliable as hell.

Comment

Id personally like to have one of both. 4.6 parts are literally everywhere now too, considering it's one of ford's most mass produced engines ever. I'd pick a Box to modify the piss out of and a newer car to DD.
          2003 Crown Vic - Stainless Works Longtubes + 2.5" exhaust, 19" C/S Wheels, 70MM TB
          2004 Dodge Ram 2500, Yeah, It's got a Hemi
          2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab

Comment

I've always liked aero's but when my 93 tc decided to burn it self to the ground one night i kinda lost faith in them so now I only mess with boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrodtc View Post
              I've always liked aero's but when my 93 tc decided to burn it self to the ground one night i kinda lost faith in them.
              What caused the fire?
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Box, only because it's the only type of car I have ever owned, and there has always been one in the family for the past 23 years.
                Mom had a 93 MGM that I drove for a couple weeks while my 89 MGM was down, I really didn't care for it. It seemed sluggish but it was probably just that car and not all Aeros.
                Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Box, but I'd have no issue with a 90 Towncar. Best of both worlds, a real engine, real bumpers, but the quieter ride and improved aerodynamics of the later model.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by LimitedStreet View Post
                    Id personally like to have one of both. 4.6 parts are literally everywhere now too, considering it's one of ford's most mass produced engines ever. I'd pick a Box to modify the piss out of and a newer car to DD.

What he said.
                    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I prefer the boxes. Easy on parts, good ride, comfort, less electronics to break. I like the 302 not the 351.
                      Aeros are ok however they look like everything else on the road. Great gas mileage on the aeros I have had.

Comment

I think personally I like both. I currently own a 91 box, its been a great car. I've driven a 93 mgm and maybe its just me, but it seemed that it had a lot more get-up, and alot smoother. A buddy of mine has a 03 p71 and it's a beast of a car, i love it. Ive been debating on looking for an aero or whale in the near future to replace my box, I just don't know if it would be a smart move. And I really don't know if i'd have the heart to get rid of my car.

-85 Town Car: Crushed, gone to a better place.
                        -91 Grand Marquis: With the Town Car
                        -94 Grand Marquis: My DD

Comment

I'd have a newer car just because of the age and parts availability. I can't find a goddamn thing for my car, need a rust free trunk lid and a pair of fenders would be nice - I'd rather start with good pieces than fix ones that already have rust, but I works with what I gots.
                          Last edited by 1990LTD; 01-10-2013, 12:55 AM.
                          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Having owned both, and working on multiples of both, box any day.
                            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Box because its all I ever owned and its the all mighty 5.0 aeros really don't do anything for me especially 92's LOL just No! Haha

Comment

Working...
                              X