HO upper intake and tb swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HO upper intake and tb swap question

So I have been seeing bits and pieces around here about doing an HO upper and tb on an otherwise lopo motor. If there is a definite advantage to this, I would love to do it. My question is this: since the car is speed density with the stock computer, is it going to recognize the mod? Or am I just throwing time and money away on something that will make absolutely no difference. How much difference are we talking 5hp? maybe 10? Any input would be appreciated!!

Need the Mustang computer A9L or A9M or the Mark7 computer if you want to keep your cruise..BTW the A9M is from the stick cars but will work with the autos just diff shifting points..theres a few guys on here that can write a book on it but for now read the sticky...

Comment

BTW this is to take full advantage of the HO swap wich includes Heads,cam, upper Nd lower intake, tb, exhaust and of course the computer...but just slaping the upper intake and tb on a stock lopo in my opinion is a waste of time

Comment

Much easier just to swap the motor, because in addition to that list, you need the orange top 19lb fuel injectors from the mustang as well.

Actually, Explorer/Mountaineer swaps give you a better cam. It's got more grunt down lower as well as midrange, whereas the Mustang HO cam is kind of a dog off the line. Let me just put it this way, I have 4.30 gears in the rear of my car with the purple rims, full HO swap, and you can tell all the power is in the middle. It gets up and goes because of the gears but it really screams and pushes you back in your seat later. Explorer cam should be a smoother go-go-go straight off the line.
        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Well, yes I know the ho swap is the way to go and that I need the injectors and computer and all that. But is there any benefit from doing JUST the intake? HO swap may be in the future, but for now the engine runs absolutely perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by whitemgm View Post
            Well, yes I know the ho swap is the way to go and that I need the injectors and computer and all that. But is there any benefit from doing JUST the intake? HO swap may be in the future, but for now the engine runs absolutely perfect.
            Yeah it will help. A little more air flow never hurt an engine. I know a few people driving around lopo boxes with the HO upper. They notice a difference. You'll need to bore out your stock EGR spacer to 63mm. Swap the throttle linkages from your stock throttle body to your HO throttle body. Bolt up and you're done.

Comment

Ok. Thats kinda what I was wondering. I am gonna do my dual exhaust swap and go from there.

Comment

Shit.. I forgot to mention Injectors LOL

Comment

Working...
                X