new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new here

hello, i am new here and also to the state of ohio. i have 3 cars at this time....1985 grand marquis, 1972 amc hornet(just finished restoring in october) my new project is a 1968 amc javelin needs lots of work. i am an army vet, served 4 years in motor pool, wanted to stay longer but lost my right hand, but i am not going to let that get me down i am left handed anyways.

Welcome!
    Also, thank you for your service to our country!
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Howdy! You guys still have a covered bridge out there?

Pete
      Originally posted by gadget73
      For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
      1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
      1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Welcome, from Bucyrus OH
        2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

Welcome! Those are some interesting cars. I'd love to see pics of the Hornet (and the Grand Marquis, of course).

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I'm an Ohioan, also new to the forums. It's good to see so many Grand Marquis owners here in Ohio.

Comment

Ah... cool... another Panther / AMC'er and a vet to boot!
              I'm an old sonar tech (USS Paul F Foster DD-964 1986-1990).
              I'm new here too but it seems a great group.
              2000 Grand Marquis
              2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee ...wifes...
              1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ...6" lift, 33's, fun but a money pit...
              1987 Jeep Street Comanche #24 of 100 ...ya don't wanna ask unless you've got lots of time...

Comment

Welcome to the party.

I also have a 85 Grand Marquis LS along with a 89 Grand Marquis LS. These big old boats are fun to drive.

Comment

Welcome! Good luck with that Javelin, those are awesome.
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS- "Sarah" 122k miles

1975 Lincoln Continental Mark IV- 275k? miles

Comment

ty

Comment

Welcome to the Party!!

-ryan s.
                      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                      Originally posted by pantera77
                      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

ty all for the welcomes. yes the covered bridge is still here. will post pics as soon as i can. it will be a while before the javelin is up i found it in a junk pile about 3 months ago so it is only a shell now. the grand marquis has a good story behind it, the father figure that was like a father to me( my birth father left before i was born he did not want a family i guess but i see it as his loss) bought the car for me the day i was born it was only driven once in a while till i turned 16. dan was a car guy and taught me just about everything i know, and it was his brothers that i called uncles that are the race guys and i have been to more dirt track races than i can count. like i said my day care was a garage, i have been working on cars since i was old enough to hold the tools, or so they tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by sethwillton View Post
                          hello, i am new here and also to the state of ohio. i have 3 cars at this time....1985 grand marquis, 1972 amc hornet(just finished restoring in october) my new project is a 1968 amc javelin needs lots of work. i am an army vet, served 4 years in motor pool, wanted to stay longer but lost my right hand, but i am not going to let that get me down i am left handed anyways.
                          My "hat is off to you"!! Keep restoring those cars and enjoy life!! Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Welcome to the board and the great state of Ohio! Thank you for your service!

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis GS HPP - SOLD
                            Wore out the cam chain tensioners and jumped time at 176k miles.

Comment

welcome to the group. nice to see another young car guy. these people are great they answered many questins for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X