Vacuum Lines and Engine Swaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum Lines and Engine Swaps

What vacuum lines are needed and which vacuum lines can be eliminated or plugged for a performance EFI engine (bolt-ons) swap? Also, when switching to mass air, what is done with the MAP lines? Thanks guys

Packman

map is used as a barometric pressure sensor... ditch that line and cap it on the intake. Leave it open on the MAP/BARO.

smog pump lines can go. crossover pipe can go (plug the holes).air injection lines to the cats can go. keep the evap and EGR for eeking out the mileage while cruising.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

what he said. There are really only 2 hoses that can go, and they go from the solenoids on the fender to the smog pump. The rest should remain in place. Mercifully these aren't like smog carb vehicles with 3 miles of vacuum hoses and those temperature switches and all that BS.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Hmmmm........okay. That sounds about right. I still have to hunt down the vacuum leak that seemed to appear after the heater core replacement. The vital lines (under the upper intake and MAP) were replaced two years ago and they don't have any splits. So there must be some sort of line that can affect the system. This is what made me start this thread in the first place.

Packman

Comment

probably one of the plastic ones that run in the general area of the heater core.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X