400,000 miles and counting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

400,000 miles and counting...

My Crown Vic has passed the 400K mark! To celebrate, I changed a heater hose on the car.

Truly,
    Robert Bernardo

Otherwise all original?
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I used to go to Visalia as my wife worked in Bakersfield and we lived in Tehachapi Ca. Don't ever eat at the Dennys by the CHP station. I got the worst food posioning I have ever had there. I don't miss the heat ! I miss the paint/body, upholstery places and the pick your parts in Bakersfield.

Comment

Are you going to tell us a bit more about your car and how it got where it is?
        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Yes, Please share some info on how you reached this milestone.

88 Country Squire
          86 Colony Park, non-op'd
          89 Mark VII LSC, non-op'd

Comment

Congrats!!!!

-ryan s.
            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
            Originally posted by pantera77
            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Nice! What year and model is this? what's it's story?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

It's a good, old 1990 Ford Crown Vic LX, a dealer's car that I bought when it had 24,000 miles back in 1991. Throughout the years and miles, a lot has been replaced or rebuilt on it, but the 302 engine, starter, and master cylinder/wheel cylinders are still original and untouched. The goal is now to get that 500K mark.

Comment

And it still passes the CA emissions test? Cool!
                  1986 Ford Country Squire LX 8-pass wagon 5.0L AOD

Comment

Congratulations on the 400k man, that's awesome and Good luck through the next 100k. I'd still love to get one or both my cars to a million miles in my lifetime.
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS- "Sarah" 122k miles

1975 Lincoln Continental Mark IV- 275k? miles

Comment

Originally posted by patrick66 View Post
                      And it still passes the CA emissions test?
                      Yes. During the years, I've had to replace 3 of the 4 catalytic converters.

Comment

Congrats, that's a long life for any car. I don't think I've even driven that many miles in my lifetime lol.

Comment

Not bad. I can't believe you still have an original starter. I take it most of the mileage is longer trips?

Alex.

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
                            I take it most of the mileage is longer trips?
                            Yes, the car is a daily driver. I go to work about 35 miles away, and most of it is at highway speeds. Ever since I bought the car, I've run it on synthetic motor oil and used Fram oil filters (the original red ones rated #1 by Consumer Reports and then the Fram Tough Guards). Also when I bought the car, I changed both engine oil pan drain plugs to magnetic drain plugs.

The AOD transmission had to be rebuilt at about 305,000 miles. I had been using synthetic transmission fluid in it. The 3.08 differential failed a few years ago when a seal blew out. I had been using synthetic gear oil in it. I had it rebuilt, the differential repair guy telling me to change fluid in it every 18,000 miles (I had been doing it every 50,000 miles).

Comment

Isn't Bryan Allen from Visalia( the pilot of gossamer albatros pedal powered plane that flew across english channel)?
                              “Cars are the only thing on earth that will beat you, break you, make you bleed, make you cry, spend all your money, spend all your time, not work and not care that you will love more, the more they abuse you.” -Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                              X