Cornering light stuck on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cornering light stuck on

Well new problem just started tonight, hopefully someone has had this and figured it out. As soon as I turn the key to on the drivers side cornering light comes on and stays lit no way to get it off without pulling the bulb, the passenger side doesn't even come on with the turn signal, all my bulbs are good taillights, brakelights, headlights, and turn signals all work. Is it possible that the other side burned out and that caused the drivers side to come on as a warning? Kind of like how your turn signals blink at different speeds when a bulbs blown. I'd like to figure this out because even though it's not hurting anything it's mighty annoying.
    2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

I just went out and tinkered with it some more, the drivers side is no longer coming on with the key on and will work correctly until you flip to the right turn signal the right cornering light doesn't come on at all possible bad bulb didn't feel like sitting in the cold and checking it. I will check both bulbs tomorrow even the the drivers side works intermittently, maybe it just doesn't like the cold weather. This happened to me once last winter but went away a couple miles down the road so I didn't think much of it.
    2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

Comment

The two corner lamp relays ,at least on an 89, are under the dash just to the left of the steering col. just aft of the forward col. mounting nuts. The W/P wire is hot in from the right side relay, LG/W is hot from the switch and out to the turn bulb. P/Y is hot out to corner bulb. i would start there. (after checking the right side bulb)
      Last edited by jaywish; 03-03-2013, 08:27 PM.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Thanks jay, I'll check those relays out tomorrow or later in the week if it's warmer.

Comment

+1 check those relays. they're probably buggered up.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Oh it gets better now there both working but there flashing in sync with the turn signals, it's actually kinda cool.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Comment

yes, those 2 small relays are wonked... or the ground is loose down there.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I also see issues with the cornering lamps when voltage is low. They tend to flash with the turn signals when voltage is low (normally with stock 2g alternator)

Comment

yup, was just thinking weak alternator output. My car does this at idle with the AC on, but quits if I give it some throttle. I blame the underdrive pullies.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

that would explain why I don't have that issue. 3G all around here.

Comment

Working...
                    X