No announcement yet.

The GMN "Hall of fame"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Among those who were already mentioned I would like to nominate lincolnlarry for the 557 swap in his town car. That thing is awesome.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

Originally posted by phayzer5 View Post
      Found this gem while looking through my pics for something else

Rastamang Revisted

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35133[/ATTACH]
      Notice the color of the hat changed!

I was slightly less sleep deprived in this one...
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

i nominate Lincolnmania, 86VickyLX, Gadget73, Tom, Pete Mang, Blaze, Dave, SVT98 & Lincolnlarry cause the 557 Cobra Jet Town Car Is Pure Badass.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
        -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
        1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsTownCarSS View Post
          i nominate Lincolnmania, 86VickyLX, Gadget73, Tom, Pete Mang, Blaze, Dave, SVT98 & Lincolnlarry cause the 557 Cobra Jet Town Car Is Pure Badass.
          I am mean as hell to you, yet you still nominate me.

I agree with everyone else on your list, though.
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

yeah, but you're still the mang on these forums... so ya gotta represent yo

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

so.....did this idea die?....or is it just on the back burner for now?

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                There are still a few members with empty sigs who don't post often enough to be very well known, job/family/circumstance changes do that to a lot of folks who used to be around every day. One candidate comes to mind who still comes to Scottfest, Mike and his MAF/GT40 converted auto-cross waggin'. This is a fine machine... plus I think he was one of the first people to do-and-share-online a HO swap to a box some 10 years ago, to his original Vic which he put on the drag strip regularly.

PS, I nominate Mike for next year.
                I think the HO swap was 13+ years ago...Can't remember if it was last century or not, pretty sure it was. I was around before GMN and CVN. Scott and I were looking at the big brake swap 10+ years ago. Hell, I called about using the Kenny Brown steering box on a box when the Lounge Lizard article came out in Motor Trend! I'd nominate turbo2256B, the suspension info he provided has become the standard.
                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
                  .... I was around before GMN and CVN. ....
                  There was life before the internet?? Get outta here!

Pete
                  For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                  1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                  1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Originally posted by Piece-it pete View Post
                    There was life before the internet?? Get outta here!

Pete
                    He must be really oolldd. LOL

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

I remember life before the internet. I was skinny then.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                        I remember life before the internet. I was skinny then.
                        You and me both. You actually had to research and read about stuff. It was work to get information.
                        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I also hadn't hit puberty either.

Comment

There was nothing out there other than college stuff, although I remember Pepsi & Ben & Jerry's had rudimentary sites, you could find Monty Python transcripts though!!! 16k dialup was the entrance ramp to the Information Super highway though!

(Thank You Al Gore)

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                              I also hadn't hit puberty either.
                              Late Bloomer?

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                                Late Bloomer?

LOL
                                depends on when you classify the start of the internet. I prefer to think of it as when educational networks started to be made (essecially about 1986) rather than the commercialization of it in around 89/90. That would have made me 8 years old. Now if you go off commercialization... then I had hit puberty.

Comment

Working...
                                X