No announcement yet.

1982 Mercury Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much better looking! Nice work, keep it up!
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
      Yea mang, pin strip. Its been years since I did them. Do you know any auto body supply stores? Usally they carry that stuff.
      i will definitely check into that. in that case i wont worry about masking when i go to tint them. and ill just put new striping on after. thanks for the idea

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
      Much better looking! Nice work, keep it up!
      thanks man, the next few updates on the body will be of me taking care of rust spots. the body is all solid except for one tiny place where theres a hole, unless i find some unknowns beyond the rocker trim. that scares me a bit. but i will def keep it updated with that progress and the tinting.

speaking of tinting. window tint is coming relatively soon to the tune of a nice 30%.
      Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
      Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
      Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

by the way guys. anyone got an opinion on the gloss instead of satin?
        Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
        Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
        Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

what brand paint did you use?
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Gloss all the way mang! I love shiny stuff lol.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

what brand paint did you use?
              walmart.. hahah

Comment

Okay...you will need to put a coat of polish on it every few months or it will dull and oxidize fairly quickly. Looks good though, I think the satin would have been out of place
                -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                  Gloss all the way mang! I love shiny stuff lol.
                  glad you like it. these lights are legendary man! i feel honored

Comment

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Okay...you will need to put a coat of polish on it every few months or it will dull and oxidize fairly quickly. Looks good though, I think the satin would have been out of place
                      well the satin was orignal. or "flat" or what ever one would call it. i just wanted to make it different cause it needed repainted anyway. this coat is in no way permanent. it has little speckles in it and is still a bit rough. i plan to sand it and coat it a few more times to really finish it. this was just enough to get the car back driving again as shes my daily

Comment

my next REAL issue i have is gonna be those ditch lights. i need some detailed pictures and measurements to go off of because i have to actually cut the fender and i want it to be right when i do it

Comment

If my ditch lights come out easy off the '91, you want them? Could dee-liver with the rims... Let me know. I'll get pics when I get back in town Tues or so if u need 'em.
                          Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

oh no mang i just need dimensions of the holes and pics of how they mount.. i have the lights but my base model needs holes cut to fit them and i want to get them as close to original location as possible

are you parting the 91 or something?

Comment

I know 86vickylx did this to one of his fenders at least. The thing I don;t understand is that the mounting provisions are inlayed in the sheet metal. How on earth can everything sit flush afterwords?
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

i knew it was too good to be true... :/

i guess ill give him a shout and see what needs done

Comment

Working...
                                X