No announcement yet.

1982 Mercury Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know what you mean. I was 16-17 when I took over the '81 marquis. Then, I was 18 when I bought my lincoln. Many questioned my taste in cars. But, there was always the few who gave me thumbs up. So, keep up the good work mang!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

very nice ride. I like all the mods... a little show... a little go... and all functional.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

my first car was the LTD.. when i was 16 been in the fam since 96.. dad picked it up for 400 bucks for a work beater.. then it turned into what it is now.. she will be my lifelong project i think and will get a body off restoration. bought the Merc as my first legit paid for car, and it was in my name. i get compliments quite often cruising town during the summer

thx sly.. i take pride in my visual stuff. i take the ordinary.... a fullsize grocery getter...combine oldschool class with modern tech and electronics and i get something pretty unique.. and thats what i love
        Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
        Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
        Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Keep up the good work!!
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

thanks for all the support everyone i really appreciate it... btw guys. what are the fender mounted side lights called?. i wanna fit a set on my merc.
            Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
            Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
            Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
              what are the fender mounted side lights called?. i wanna fit a set on my merc.
              Cornering lamps or ditch lights.
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

ill be posting some pics up on here of the accident hopefully today..

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
                  ill be posting some pics up on here of the accident hopefully today..
                  Hi.
                  Best of luck with your gorgeous car! Slam it on the floor on 22's....only joking!!!
                  here in the UK I know of no-one, ever, of your age picking a car like that. I teach in an 11 to 18 year old school and all I see are cars that are no more than 4 years old! No imagination or creativity at all.
                  You are a rare individual sir - such a pleasure to see.
                  Seriously looking forward to your continuing story.
                  Much respect from the UK!!!

Andy.
                  www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

thanks a lot Andy... thats very encouraging.. i most certainly will!.. i drove my LTD in highschool. i had the oldest car there and i parked right up front i also had a nice system in it.

i love taking the ordinary and making it unique.. whens the last time you saw a Merc on an LTD with HIDs and underbody.. probably never.. thats something you do to a ricer.. but im all american and i wouldnt trade my simple cars for nothing.. theyre so easy to work on too!. i dont have to remove the wheelwell to change the battery haha

in addition to your comment about the 22's haha i did think about lower this car about an inch or 2 lol.. my LTD is getting some HUUUGE rims.. im puting.. wait for it..... 16 INCH RIMS on it.. hahah x)

thanks for the compliments though guys. it really keeps me motivated with my rides

Comment

!!
                      ScottFest is GMN's annual meet in PA, the second weekend in August. There is a separate thread for that under GMN Events.
                      Waitng for pictures...

-ryan s.
                      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                      Originally posted by pantera77
                      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

ran across these 2 pics of when i did the HIDs in my fog lights..

Click image for larger version

Name:	0703121830.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	1271815Click image for larger version

Name:	0703121429.jpg
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	1271816

Comment

night pic just parking lights and underbody.. i also have blu behind the grill thats wire to the parking lights if its even visible

Name:	1104121807.jpg
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	1271817

Comment

crappy quality.. my friend was taking the pic and it was cold and we were both pretty shaky.. but the tail lights survived.. cracked my plate holder, and shoved my bumper in pretty good along with jacking the trunk up..

thats what was left of her car

Name:	IMG954304.jpg
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	1271818Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG959869.jpg
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	1271819Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG956603.jpg
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1271820Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG956511.jpg
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1271821Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG955575.jpg
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	1271822
                            Last edited by marquis_82_withneons; 03-09-2013, 05:54 PM.

Comment

my biggest worry is my chrome cause just about every pieces is bent up pretty bad

Name:	IMG958097.jpg
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	1271823

Comment

Hell yeah she fucked herself up good. lol

I like this thread a lot. Reminds me of myself when I first started on this forum.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X