Uncle Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uncle Buck

I know, I know, movie car tributes are so passe'...

But I really want a 2-door Marquis with a 400 and I want to drive it until it looks like his did. I want to start out with a nice one and take care of it forever but someday because of Texas heat and sun and dust and dirt, it'll end up looking like this (sans the rust as I AM in Texas after all)

I was looking at this one up in Oklahoma... http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/3619782485.html

$2395 for a '78 coupe with the 400/C6 in black on red vinyl, old man kept, old man babied, has the same styled quarter vinyl roof, is a Marquis Brougham but the seller states Grand Marquis.

I can't think of a better starting point.

Things to add, hatchet and power drill in the trunk, CB antenna on left rear quarter (I'll see about a magnet mount, no drilling required), curb feelers (those are bracket mount I think, shouldn't be a problem), those generic K-Mart wire wheel covers (hard to find these days but it'll let me put the originals away), and I'll pick up a spare grill already damaged to match the movie one.

Maybe after 30 more years of daily driving it'll be dented up enough to start taking to car shows. By then I should look like the man, too. Gotta get the fedora, the sport coat, scarf, etc...I have plenty of time. There's a lot of bacon left in this world to eat, too.

Alan Moore | Wichita Falls, TX
    00 Suburban | 95 Cutlass Ciera | 76 Gran Torino (Cavalier and Durango SOLD)

Hi Occupant

How are you going to induce some dieseling until the exhaust explodes?

Regards

Dereck
    President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

Working...
    X