No announcement yet.

anyone ever turbo'd a box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is nothing wrong with EFI. Especially on these cars. Everything is accessable and pretty simple. As for the turbo, its all about what your building and if you own a bank. Most of the time, just a supercharger is enough.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
      shows how much i know lol... ill take that advice and run. just a thought though probably wont ever do it just curious if anyone has
      We all learn as we go.....Some of us have to learn the hard way LOL

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Isn't 91merc building a turbo box? You might want to contact him for reference. And mitymerc is right, you might need a stout bottom end for that kind of build. Otherwise, if you want to do this, then by all means do it. Your Merc is awesome now, much more if you do this

Packman

Comment

Dear Panthers,
          I'm interested in this as well. I'd like a little more power from my lopo but don't want to sacrifice fuel economy. Maybe http://hellionpowersystems.com/index...article&id=131.

Donald

Comment

Get some old Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords magazines, those things have all sort of stroker-motor builds and tests of various addon parts.
            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

thats probably what ill do.. ill just get the base engine going before i decide..
              Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
              Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
              Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Look back through this guy's archives. He built a twin turbo 351w carbed fox body capri some years ago. They got it down into the high 10 second range IIRC. Best of all, most of the build came from cheap junkyard parts.
                www.toohighpsi.com
                Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                Open/Lock/Ratio #
                -----------------------
                G / H / 2.26
                B / C / 2.47
                8 / M / 2.73
                7 / - / 3.07
                Y / Z / 3.08
                4 / D / 3.42
                F / R / 3.45
                5 / E / 3.27
                6 / W / 3.73
                2 / K / 3.55
                A / - / 3.63
                J / - / 3.85

Comment

I'm actually throwing around this idea myself...I'll probably go twin. I need to decide on my car situation first lol...then pick up a 5.0
                  Last edited by Mustangdude86; 04-10-2013, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Turbo with carbs is just asking for tuning nightmares if I were you I'd go SEFI with mass air instead of re-tuning every time the weather changes.

And if you want the engine to last I suggest building one up with some forged goodies before thrashing on a stock engine then wondering whey there is a piston sticking out the hole in the side of your block..lol
                    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

turbo idea is out for now.. im pretty sure if i do any charging at all its going to be a s/c. long way down the road as i have another 50k on this engine at least before i get the 5.0. then i plan to build that, before adding the s/c. thats IF i ever do.. im no where near financially stable to do any of this.. just a bit curious if anyone had is all.. thanks for the input guys
                      Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                      Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                      Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

build a solid boost friendly motor, then drop about $5000, then be prepared to drop more after that.
                        http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                        http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

there is a guy who did a turbo box in md his brother has a supercharged box. either way its alot of fun
                          89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

This guy...................as posted above........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRmei...q0kYQrxf4xAEUA
                            Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

i like where this is going

Comment

Single turbo with EFI would simplify cold side plumbing with your intercooler. Hell, the hot side wouldn't even be that cosmic with an electric fan...
                                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                                X