Gt 40p headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gt 40p headers?

Which headers fit boxes if heads are swapped to gt40p's? (Other than Lincoln logs)
    “Cars are the only thing on earth that will beat you, break you, make you bleed, make you cry, spend all your money, spend all your time, not work and not care that you will love more, the more they abuse you.” -Anonymous

bbk 1515 with 90 degree plug wire boots and socks

and from a mustang forum...
    The only aftermarket shorty headers I know will work on the "P" heads are the MAC "P" headers and Ford Racing shorty headers.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The Ford Racing headers are top notch, I highly recommend them, worth every penny.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Thanks guys. Im buying low milage explorer 5.0 for $500 ind will be installing it into my 80 ltd to replace the tired 302 along with 4bbl and rebuilt mustang aod. Im so exited.
        “Cars are the only thing on earth that will beat you, break you, make you bleed, make you cry, spend all your money, spend all your time, not work and not care that you will love more, the more they abuse you.” -Anonymous

Comment

Ford Racing ones fit without any nonsense with the plug wires. No point in running Chevy wires on a Ford just to be able to use headers that are still a pain in the ass to change the plugs with. The Ford Racing ones are also cake to line up the header bolts using normal tools rather than having to use tiny wrenches one flat at a time like many BBK headers.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ford Racing Headers FTW I love mine

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
            -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
            1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Is it worth it getting the ceramic coated ones? (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fm...-p51/overview/)

How are yours holding up?
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                Is it worth it getting the ceramic coated ones? (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fm...-p51/overview/)

How are yours holding up?

In my opinion, yes. Mine still look great and I never wash them or anything.
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                  In my opinion, yes. Mine still look great and I never wash them or anything.

So ya got the ceramic ones then? I'd say it is worth it too.
                  ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yep, I really think they help keep the heat down which is good considering how close to the heater box they are.

Comment

Sexy. On the list they go....
                      ~David~

Comment

guy local does ceramic coating for 200 bucks
                        89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Working...
                        X