1988 Lincoln Towncar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 Lincoln Towncar

a buddy of mine contacted me about an 88 Towncar. he needed it gone and was gonna scrap it for 650 ucks if he couldnt sell it to a good home. i went by and looked at it with a few friends.. sadly i wasnt able to buy it. but one of the guys i was with was interested and has confirmed he is buying it..

for the negotiated price of $750 we are getting him an 88 Lincoln with 5.0L, 69,000 original miles, white with white top, burgundy interior, and power everything.

the only downside is that the trans needed some service and the guy dumped some seafoam in. its working better but still lacks OD and reverse..

anyway guys.. we'll have a new member to the panther family on the 8th
    Last edited by marquis_82_withneons; 03-30-2013, 12:15 PM.
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Town cars are awesome I love my 89 town car. Has 137, 000 miles on it and it runs great.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

NIce!
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

My Mom bought a 88 TC back in 93. It was always her dream to own one. It was silver with a full vinyl roof. Cloth interior, and you could eat off every surface (even the engine bay). She gave it to me when my stepdad passed away a few years later because she had to move. I LOVED that thing. I remember spending an entire weekend detailing her. Sadly about a year and a half after I got her the entire right side of the car was wiped out but some asshole drunk driver. Nobody was hurt, but I swear it took every ounce of restraint not to pull that guy out of his truk and beat his ass.

I hope you enjoy the ride man. They're great cars. I miss mine.
        1986 Grand Marquis - Current project
        1988 Lincoln Town Car - RIP

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman!" - Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by ImTheStig View Post
          The entire right side of the car was wiped out but some ***hole drunk driver. Nobody was hurt...
          If you were driving a compact car, it could've been much worse.
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

finally after nearly a month i have pictures of the Lincoln. please welcome Monica hard to believe its got 69k original. if that IS all.. then it was a hard 69k.. cause sehs pretty rough.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	0407131523.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	1272194Click image for larger version

Name:	0407131525.jpg
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	1272195

no sooner did we get her home then the pass front blew.. was a spare anyway but whatevs. went to take it off and found the hub was HOT AS F***!!!.. so ya.. the caliper was froze up.

so first thing, we went out and got new pads and fluids and filters.

Name:	0407131540.jpg
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	1272196

yes. VERY redneck cold air intake. it does need extended bit it works for now till we relocate the wiper fluid box

Name:	0407131958.jpg
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	1272197
            Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
            Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
            Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

these are older pics.. as of now. the lincoln now has all the smog shit removed as well as the exhaust from the muff back because it was leaking like a mofo and a replaced return line for the waterpump where it was leaking.

coming in the next week is the trans repair the following week will be a full stereo instal, exhaust, and new rims/tires

Comment

Going to replace that driver's side headlight?
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

they all work. but she'll be getting a full quad set of 6000k (white) HIDs.. identical to the setup on my Merc.

Comment

Is the TV bushing still intact on this car? I would definitely look into replacing the original nylon one with a brass replacement, even if the original looks intact. Once these old ones disintegrate and flake off, the transmission basically overheats within a couple miles of driving. Easy to replace and I think some dealerships still have them. Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-12 Pictures 007.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	1272198Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-12 Pictures 008.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	1272199

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
                    2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
                    2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

i believe the one on the lincoln is still good..

Comment

got the Towny back today from the trans shop. drives like a dream now. onlything is shes got a pretty significant miss now. not sure what it is but we havent really checked at all. gonna throw new plugs and wires along with a new dist. cap and rotor and see if that helps. also gonna put some oil additive in, probably a sticky valve as this is the first use its got in quite some time.

who knows. could be the result that theres crazy exhaust leaks and no exhaust from muffler on back

next up coming is the full exhaust, mustang shortys and new down pipe with an attached "H" then back to the axle where itll stop with dual 3" ricer muffs

headers
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=151041080018

downpipe.. will this fit? i dont see why not.
                        http://www.ebay.com/itm/390574922817...84.m1423.l2649

muffs. simple, and always been curious about these on a real engine
                        http://www.ebay.com/itm/290910637338...84.m1438.l2649
                        Last edited by marquis_82_withneons; 05-06-2013, 10:23 PM.

Comment

That's not a bad looking townie for 750.

For the miss I would just do a complete tune up first since its a new used car anyway. Plugs, cap, rotor, wires, tune tps, check vacuum lines, o2's, clean IAC, and throttle body all that. I've seen plenty of these cars that sat and like to suck a lot of oil and grime Into the throttle body.

The exhaust should wake it up quite a bit although I would get some decent hi flow mufflers or go without mufflers and run it over the axle. Since its Indiana anyway

I'd replace the TV bushing with the bronze one especially with a fresh rebuilt aod. And keep up on the fluid changes.

Good luck with it!
                          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

Also wanted to tell you that you can get a fan shroud, coolant bottle, washer bottle from a 90 town car and that opens space for the intake
                            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

Don't use those mufflers, they're gonna sound like a cheap glasspack. Just get some resonated tips like stock Marauders and use those instead of mufflers, it'll look and sound a lot better. You can angle them out the side in front of the axle but it'll hang very low unless you have the rear jacked up.
                              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Working...
                              X