Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STAP 2013: The Cleveland Connection (June 27th-30th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STAP 2013: The Cleveland Connection (June 27th-30th)

CVN voted (but don't hold that against us), now everyone can attend...I know you're wondering about the name, aren't you? Well...the plant is still closed but we always had a good time there so we decided to honor its memory this year.

Spend
    Time
    Around
    Panthers

SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. I'M STILL IRONING OUT A COUPLE DETAILS, MMMMK?

THURSDAY
    Arrive any time you want! You wanna go see the Rock Hall? Do it! You wanna cruise to Summit Racing? Go for it! You wanna hit Cedar Point? By all means! You wanna get drunk by the pool and pass out in a deck chair? Sure!

In the evening, probably around 9pm, anyone who wishes to can meet up for dinner at Dino's Restaurant, located adjacent to the hotel and on the same property.

FRIDAY

Since 2006, Melt has been a growing franchise - it started as a small west-side restaurant and quickly grew into a regional carbohydrate tour-de-force. Boasting some of the biggest, craziest sandwiches - as well as at least 150 beers, Melt has been featured on several national food programs, and been awarded tons of...well, awards, I guess!

After brunch, we'll waddle out to our cars and get on the Cleveland Shoreway (OH-2) for a leisurely and law-abiding cruise through Cleveland's cultural gardens to the Crawford Auto & Aviation Museum on Cleveland's east side, just north of Little Italy.

Opened in 1963 and formerly owned privately by TRW, the museum just underwent a renovation and is currently operated by the Western Reserve Historical Society. The museum has plenty of cars dating from the beginning of the automobile, as well as several planes including a 1944 North American P-51D-NT-10 Mustang.

Following the Crawford, we'll drive through downtown Cleveland and head south to West Salem, home of the 'seasoned' Dragway 42.

D42 is an IHRA-certified 1/4-mile dragstrip that has previously accommodated the Panther community in 2009 for one of our regional meets. It will be test and tune night - I'm still attempting to negotiate our own staging lane as they provided us with one in 2009. No guarantees on that, but it'll be open regardless! Concessions will be open, and grilling is allowed on site if you bring yer own grill.

SATURDAY

Established around 1865 as the Market Tavern, the most famous patron of the building was undoubtedly Eliot Ness, for whom GLBC has named one of their most popular brews. In 1992, the Conway brothers founded GLBC and retained many of the features of the original Market Tavern, including its mahogany bar complete with bulletholes rumored to have been caused by Ness' own gun!

The menu is varied and features such items as crab cakes, chicken Waldorf salad, pear salad, Tuscan wood-fired pizzas, porter tempura-battered Lake Erie walleye bites, Stilton cheddar cheese soup, juicy burgers, bratwurst and pierogis, and pretzel Amish chicken. Several vegetarian entrees are also available. Each selection on the menu is paired with a beer suggestion. For dessert (if you've got room), their signature dish is bread pudding with sweetened whisky butter sauce.

Weather permitting, we may be in the outdoor beer garden of the brewpub, or downstairs in the Rathskellar.

Brewery tours are in groups of 20 at a time between 1pm and 9pm, so we will probably have to stagger them. One group will eat while the other tours, and then switch - one tours while one eats.

After GLBC, the group will gather in the parking lot for a short convoy to get a group picture taken. Not sure where it's gonna be yet, but aknox077 is on it.

Saturday night is still up in the air. I have one really cool thing in the works but I haven't confirmed everything yet (which is what has been holding proceedings up thus far). If I don't hear anything soon, I'll go ahead with plan B which will probably be pretty good too.

SUNDAY

More info, including lodging stuff, here: http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/u...oard=95&page=1

Yes, this meet started on CVN (as did the last two STAP meets). Everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE, is welcome to attend this meet...regardless of whatever they drive now. If you're part of the community here, you're welcome to attend.
    '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
    formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Hmm, I should be moved to Ohio by then! Less than a 2 hour drive for me.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Where in Ohio? Love to have some GMN folks come out...actually I'd like allllll of the Panther sites represented.
      '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
      formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Just a short drive down the 90....
        Hmm. I'd probably caravan with Zach.

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
          I'd probably caravan with Zach.
          I'd love if you could convince him to go.

Comment

I can appreciate the effort that went into this, and the push to unite the panther sites.

Have fun, wish I could be there!
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I'll be in East Liverpool. I'll put it on the calendar.
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
                I'll be in East Liverpool. I'll put it on the calendar.
                Ah, just down the road from Lisbon - check out the Steel Trolley Diner sometime.

Comment

I might pop in

Pete
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                  1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                  1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
                    and the push to unite the panther sites.
                    Oh come on Tom, you of all people better not be getting soft. Fuck the fuckers. I defended that shithole for way too long.
                    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

So are you coming with, Zach? :p

-ryan s.
                      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                      Originally posted by pantera77
                      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                        Oh come on Tom, you of all people better not be getting soft. Fuck the fuckers. I defended that shithole for way too long.
                        I got soft a long time ago. I won't ever go back, but my bad blood has vanished.
                        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Wanting people from each Panther site is hardly any sort of real effort to reunify the sites.

I just wanna hang out with Panthers. No politics involved in the shit.

Comment

...and by the way, there are 41 names on the list so far, with more to come as I haven't added everyone who's RSVP'd yet.

Comment

To those thinking of going, I can tell you right now Adam and his crew will put on a hell of a meet, and I encourage you to attend if you can.

I simply have no interest in hanging out with a bunch of Steve Spaulding enablers.
                              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Working...
                              X