Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STAP 2013: The Cleveland Connection (June 27th-30th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
    I simply have no interest in hanging out with a bunch of Steve Spaulding enablers.
    The irony of this statement is that you've given Steve more money than I ever have.

All this time I thought you were just boycotting the meet because the Marauder is fixed and you had 4V hatred going...
    '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
    formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

i dunno yet. maybe if they dont have me all cut apart.......sposed to have an operation 4/25. it depends on how fast i heal from this next one.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

If I wasn't buying a house, I'd probably join. I'm sure it'd be a good time. I'll have to settle for pictures.

sigpic
        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Btw, for those unfamiliar with the delights of the boomtown known as Cleveland, and who haven't been subjected to these by me before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ysmLA5TqbIY

part two next...
          Last edited by Piece-it pete; 04-08-2013, 09:57 AM.
          Originally posted by gadget73
          For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
          1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
          1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=oZzgAjjuqZM

We've lost LaBron but gained a new football owner.

Pete
            Last edited by Piece-it pete; 04-08-2013, 09:57 AM.
            Originally posted by gadget73
            For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
            1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
            1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Mike Polk needs to make a part three.
              '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
              formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Originally posted by Piece-it pete View Post
                Btw, for those unfamiliar with the delights of the boomtown known as Cleveland, and who haven't been subjected to these by me before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ysmLA5TqbIY

part two next...
                That was hilarious!!
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

wow, Cleveland Rocks!
                  03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                  02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                  08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                  12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                    wow, Cleveland Rocks!
                    pffft cincy and ky is waaay better lol?)
                    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

I can't figure out how to edit my original post, so I'll just BUMP this one here.

SATURDAY NIGHT HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN CONFIRMED AS FOLLOWS:

On Saturday night, we'll be heading out to tropical and picturesque Painesville Township, the home of Lake County Speedway, a NASCAR-sanctioned 1/5-mile paved oval with Figure-8 racing.

Not only will we be spectating a Saturday night showdown on one of the shortest ovals ever, but 10 lucky Panther owners will be pacing the field (2 cars per feature)! More info to come on how the lucky cars/drivers will be chosen, but expect at least one of each of the following: dragstrip performance, best-of-show, most factory-appearing, planners' choice.

After the evening's festivities and before heading back to the hotel, everyone (yes, all cars) will be out on the track for a group picture in the figure-8 crossover (the "X" of the track). Got a camera/tripod? Good at taking night pictures? We could use you...

Entry will be $10 per adult, $5 for each child ages 6-12 or adult over 65, free admission for children under 5.

Comment

How about some figure 8 racing?
                        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
                          Ah, just down the road from Lisbon - check out the Steel Trolley Diner sometime.
                          My brother and sister work out there, over at Robert Bycroft.
                          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

You already know im coming.
                            1989 Ford Mustang LX...............................1989 Crown Victoria Country Squire LX..

Comment

Asked on CVN, posted here in case anyone is curious:
                              Originally posted by 808interceptor
                              How are we choosing who gets to pace
                              ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE!

At this point, the categories will be as follows (subject to change without notice, naturally), and organized as follows (not necessarily in this order):

1. Fastest e.t., fastest r.t. (obviously determined at the dragstrip - timeslips will be used! If you don't have a timeslip, it doesn't matter how many people saw it. Get your F'n slips!)
                              2. Furthest distance driven (Google Maps used from the attendee's home address to the address of the hotel), best Whale (group vote)
                              3. Best Box, best Aero (both categories are group votes)
                              4. Group choice (group vote of ALL cars), wildcard (random drawing)
                              5. Adam's choice, Andy's choice (picked by the event planners on a variety of criteria: looks, performance, the owner/driver/occupants simply displaying a really good attitude that reflects the spirit of the meet)

To give as many people a chance to be on the track as possible, if one car wins more than one category (i.e. fastest r.t. and best Whale), that car shall only be eligible for ONE category to be picked by that car's owner. Furthest distance driven will be a trump category and not up for discussion.
                              Example #1: Billy wins best r.t. at the dragstrip, as well as furthest distance driven. His car will automatically be chosen as the furthest distance driven, and the first runner-up on reaction time will be awarded a pace position.

Example #2: Julie wins best Whale by group vote, as well as best overall car. Julie shall have the choice of whether she wants to take to the track as the best Whale or the best overall car. In this example, she chooses to be best overall car. The "best Whale" category winner will go to the first runner-up.

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
                              How about some figure 8 racing?
                              I'd love to, but then again I love both of my cars too much to see one more of them go to the crusher. I already lost Slow White last year...

Originally posted by vabeachsand View Post
                              You already know im coming.
                              YES!

Comment

I may pop in at the speedway if I'm out of work in time.

Comment

Working...
                                X