j yard duals for a wagon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

j yard duals for a wagon?

I remember an old post talking about using the tailpipes from a gm b body on the boxes....i think those mid pipes are 2.25 and the tails are 2 inch but mandrel? I found a real nice set of pipes on a 95 buick wagon in the j yard...anyone know if these will fit on my 84 colony park? Are they worth the effort or no....right now i have no ehaust past my mustang h pipe! Would it be cheaper just to have the muffler shop bend me up a set of tails? What have you all done? Thanks!
    1984 Mercury Colony Park Wagon - gone to the darkside. 5.3 LS Turbo Swap with 4L80E. 6.62@106 in the 1/8 mile (low 10's in the 1/4), full weight, AC, no compromises! Rocky Mountain Race Week 2020 and Race Week 2.0 2020

they should fit. and that would be less expensive, but the muffler shop would weld it together... so if you want to be able to modify it easier in the future... get the b-body tails and clamp them on.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
      they should fit. and that would be less expensive, but the muffler shop would weld it together... so if you want to be able to modify it easier in the future... get the b-body tails and clamp them on.
      Ok cool. I found some info in another post about the walker 2.5" over axle pipes for the caprice/impalas. 54016/7. I like this route since I'm finally making some power. Then I would get some performance offset/offset 2.5" mufflers and have the exhaust shop weld up the pipes from the h to the muffs and from the over axle pipes to what ever outlet location I choose.

That brings me to my next question: any suggestions on the best wagon outlet location for avoiding exhaust fumes w the back window open? Or will I get fumes no matter what?

Thx!
      1984 Mercury Colony Park Wagon - gone to the darkside. 5.3 LS Turbo Swap with 4L80E. 6.62@106 in the 1/8 mile (low 10's in the 1/4), full weight, AC, no compromises! Rocky Mountain Race Week 2020 and Race Week 2.0 2020

Comment

side exits behind the wheels (stock location).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
        X