Views:	1
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	1300572

Click image for larger version

Name:	LUCY 001.JPG
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	1300573
    Last edited by turbo2256b; 04-16-2013, 11:16 PM.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

nice suicycle

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Have spent most of the last 3 weeks polishig up the bike. Nothing on it shined at all. My friend had it for about 7 years only one year of which it was stored inside he had no garage untill last year. Took about a week to get a battery from Braille one of those spill proof ones you could mount upside down. Figured it would be safer than a standard batter and its also about 5 lbs lighter. Drained the tank put a gallon and ha half or so of fuel in it and it fired right up hadnt been fired since last summer. Still pollishing and treating the leather during the next 4 days but fired it up each day and warmed it up (no riding yet). The 4th day the carb started leaking everywere gaskets, fittings (plastic). Bike org came with a Kelvin carb it was upgraded to a CV carb. Noticed some of the ears the bolts go through to attach the bowel were busted ordered a Mikuni carb took about 2 weeks to arive. Lucky me the throttle cables used with the CV carb worked on the new carb. A new intake manifold came with the carb ported it a bit. Replaced all the fuel lines one to the carb was bad. If I hadnt had to remove the tank might not have noticed the comunication fuel line in the front of the tank was bad too. Guess its what corn fuel does to the lines and carb. Bottom line bike started right up again just needed an idle speed adjustment and a slite tweek of the low speed air bleed screw.
      As there was little if any oil in the forks added oil drained and filled them. There was little if any in them. Ordered new fork seals as they appeared to be leaking. Replaced the handle bar riser rubber bushings with firmer poly bushings instead of the factory rubber ones. The taller handle bars needed the firmer ones. At this point I have ridden it for about 40 miles.

Comment

I like the ape-hangers and the sissy bar. Might want to consider some crash bars or engine guards as they call them nowadays. I know I used them once and they were worth every penny.
        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Engine guard and new front tire are on the top of the list. Rear tire, brgs and brake rotor were new end of last year and have about 50 miles on them.
          Will als oinstall some foot pegs on the engine guard as different foot rests are nice to have. Not sure if I like the forward controls possibly just the foot boards. Going to replace the foot boards with foot pegs and try it. If I dont might go back to factory mid controls.

I havent realy owned a Harley before some dirt bikes a Sears 106cc (used for hill climbs), A 441 Victor (bad ass 1 lunger), juiced up 125 Kow(ended up a 250), a 750/5 BMW, lastly a C1200RS BMW.

Comment

Been rebuilding and upgrading the front forks on Lucy. Started this because one fork seal was leaking and the front tire was old and cracked. The previous owner even sad it should be replaced as it was on the bike when he purchased it.
            So got a new tire, wheel brgs, seals for front wheel and forks, fork bushings, brake pads (one side was soaked in fork oil).
            Found one fork spring to be a bit shorter than the other probably due to lack of fork oil causing stress.
            Decided to go with new springs but couldnt find any. This bike was made only one year and there are differances between it and other similar models.

Comment

Name:	FORKSA 001.JPG
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	1272749So while its been apart looking for parts, ordering parts and learning more about the bike driving me crazy. hAVE POLLISHED UP THE FRONT SLIDER BETTER AND ALSO MORE AREAS ON THEM THAT WERE NOT POLISHED BEFORE.
              This pic one has been polished the other not done yet

Comment

Front wheel pollishing and painting since its off the bike. Not shown yet is the finial coating of clear Diamond paint. Its susposed to be made for painting highly polished aluminum, chrome and other metals and stick. Goes over other paints also. About to test it.

Name:	Harley front wheel 002.JPG
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	1272757 media blasted

Name:	Harley front wheel 004.JPG
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	1272758 initial pollishing of ribs and rim these were machined surfaces

Name:	HARLEY WHEEL FRONT 003.JPG
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1272759 surface pointing to was cast now pollished

Name:	HARLEY WHEEL FRONT 006.JPG
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	1272760 wheel taped ready to paint
                Last edited by turbo2256b; 07-15-2013, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

This paint is a 2 step pearl I turned it into a 3 step pearl. Went with the color then on the color instead of just clear (2 step) added some silver ghost pearl which will be coverd by an epoxy clear that was made to stick to shiny metals and stick.

Name:	HARLEY WHEEL FRONT 008.JPG
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	1272763
                    color first stage

Name:	HARLEY WHEEL FRONT 011.JPG
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	1272764
                    silver ghost pearl /clear over the pearl blue

Comment

very nice!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

ooo shiny!

Comment

Tape removed readying for finial pollish and cleaning. Then will be clear coated with Diamond clear over paint and pollished surfaces. The Diamond clear was made to stick to chrome and pollished metals without flaking off.

Name:	HARLEY WHEEL FRONT 015.JPG
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	1272768

Comment

nice.

Comment

Wheel finished for now tire mounted. Need to do some pratice work with this new epoxy clear and some testing on just how robust it is.
                              If its like the silver gray I use most every chemical wont faze it. The silver i can clean with thinners, carb cleaner, acitone, etc with no effects.

Name:	WHEEL FINISHED 001.JPG
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	1272786

Name:	WHEEL FINISHED 002.JPG
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	1272787

Comment