No announcement yet.

Lucy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changed the oil in the trans a local shop sold me some oil for it Bikers choice. Draining the trans discovered the gear oil was pink. Gessing it was redline shock proof. I use it my out drives in the boat. Put the bikers choice in the bike trans. It wouldnt shift for crap loud as hell shifts.
    Discovered the SHock Proof V twin gear oil is what should be used in the older Harly 5 speed trans due to there loose tollerances. Also recomended for use by all the aftermarket Harly trans builders such as Baker, rev tech etc. Waiting on UPS TRUCK FOR DILIVERY OF THE RED LINE RIGHT NOW
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Using the Red Line shock proof it shifts better than ever.
      About to install new pipes the ones on the bike currently were from another model and dont quite fit properly. Wish me luck as if removing the nuts atthe header to the head goes wrong most likey have to pull the heads which I DONT EVEN WANT TO GET INTO.
      New pipes have 2 different inserts a 95 db and a 105db

Click image for larger version

Name:	HACKER HEADERS 005.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	1276592

Name:	HACKER HEADERS 004.JPG
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1276593

Comment

Got the new pipes on sort of. Realy a pain had to spread the ends appart a bit to attach them to the heads. Slots in the covers to access nuts dont realy allign properly with the studs on the heads so had to remove the covers. The bracket set with them to attach to the side of the tranny and muffler can is worthless as it cant be bolted to the trany. Even if it would bolt to the trany it would rub the frame were it attaches to the muffler can. If the mout on the muffler can was located a couple inches to the rear or the front Y in the pipes collector were longer it would mount to the stock mount. dAMN THING COST ME 800.00.

Comment

Well that sucks. Might have to see if they mis-manufactured this one.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Nice weather for a few more days wanted to go for a few short rides. Thinking beter not start it untill getting a hold of them Monday. Loading some pics and marking them up later will post them

Comment

Name:	REAR MT.jpg
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	1276621hERE IS WERE THE FACTORY ATTACHED THE REAR OF THE PIPES TO . A slot in the area incerciled in red uses a carrage bolt that goes through the rubber bushing inside the green circle.

Comment

The bracket they supply is susposed to attach to the 3 incercled bolts. The bracket is susposed to be flush with the case. There is a boss under the middle bolt that wount allow that.

Name:	BRACKET MOUNT.jpg
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	1276622

Comment

Have to wounder if this muffler location ending in the middle of my bag is going to burn it up.

Name:	Hacker pipes 015.jpg
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	1276623

Comment

Had to wait 3 months for them to build this set. Chrome hooker super comps for my dually would have cost less than these.

Comment

They do look good and the chrome is some of the best I HAVE SEEN. There is a shield that goes over the Y not installed yet.

Name:	Hacker pipes 016.jpg
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	1276624

Comment

It seems they're just a little short in numerous aspects.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

They are susposed to be sending me another bracket that uses the factory rubber mount.

Comment

that's helpful. You going to add a heat shield for the saddle bags?

Comment

got the new bracket they sent me it will not fit between the frame and pipes either. The only fix is a 2.5 OD TO 2.5 ID connector shown in pic.
                              Call and ask if they had such a piece. Their answer was no. Said I COULD RETURN THEM BUT WOULDNT GIVE ME ALL MY MONEY BACK do to any scratches on the pipes. Just has a few were the muffler slips on and were I had to install different flanges that cost 40.00. They gave me a rather rudeish comments about how they fit correctly on lots of bikes my make and model. Sounded more like defending themselves as if they commonly have issues. Thinking about rididng around with them and the coupler from walker and when ask give them the story. Oh yea to return I have to pay shipping too.

Name:	harly2 022.jpg
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	1276713

Comment

you have the story in print here already... consolidate it and post it on review sites and other forums and the like and get the bad press out there. They tell you to piss off, f! 'em. Let everyone know what a bunch of jerks they are.

Comment

Working...
                                X