Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
    What part of VA you headed to?
    Charlottesville. It's a college town. From what I can see there aren't many junkyards around. The land is beautiful though, very different from the bland cornfields of central ohio lol

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
    Damn! I just finished reading the whole thread. Sucks you may sell the car but everything happens for a reason imo. You'll be able to take all the knowledge you gained from Bison and re-apply it to your next project. Good luck!
    Oh I will take the knowledge I learned (which has been quite extensive) and I will most certainly apply it to my next project. I still love these cars tremendously and sooner or later I WILL buy another and I WILL do it right when the time comes.

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    I drive an old hooptie, but I try to make sure my wife is in a better car. As long as her car is nice and you like your car, I'm sure she loves you enough to understand!

But sometimes doing what is right for you, and doing what the people on a web forum want you to do, are not the same thing. I feel for you if you have to sell it. Sounds like you have a lot of blood, sweat and tears in this car! I saw your thread for the first time today, read every word you wrote and most of the others. Ironic, since you wrote that your posts were too long and nobody will read them. But I did read them!

Point being, you have had this car for years and have become emotionally connected to it. You sell it and get stuck in a much newer 2006 Chevy Cobalt or 99 Hyundai Sonata, you are going to HATE those cars. PLEASE, think long and hard about selling it if it still runs (basically) good. Make sure whether or not you really have oil in coolant of if it's just sludge. You're gonna miss her when she's gone, and it's cheaper to keep a paid-for car on the road than to replace it (usually - there are exceptions.) Peace be with you!
    Yeah, I'm still considering holding on to it. I just don't have any way to do any serious work on it because we're living in a much nicer apartment with stricter codes and regulaions, and we will literally be living next door to my wifes professors and peers, and VA does inspections and smog checks which might be difficult to pass, and as I mentioned before there aren't really any junkyards around. So if I did keep it I would basically be driving until something serious broke down, then probably junk it. I would rather sell it to a donk enthusiast than do that. But then again, I'm moving in just a few weeks and my schedule is so tight I doubt I'll even be able to sell it.

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
    That sucks mang, I hope things work out to where you can keep it. If you end up selling it, hopefully a nicer one comes along and you're in a position to snag it. Either way, good luck with the future plans.

I took what I learned from your red LED swap and applied it to my newest box Panther, The Scab, which I picked up a few months ago. For now I have just the '90-'91 police cluster with red LEDs but plan to install a '98-'02 cluster with red LEDs and maybe get to the heat/ac controls with red LEDs. Actually, I think what I learned from your swap also helped me when I installed the '98-'02 cluster in The Ice Car too.
    That's awesome! "The Scab" lol, I like it! I'm glad that my ramblings have contributed something to the forum. And as I mentioned earlier, I definitely have box panthers in my future plans. One day I when I own some property where I can really work with some degree of confidence, I will buy a 90-91 mercury, maybe even a wagon, build it the way I want and keep it till the day I die.

Comment

Nice, I prefer the CV Country Squire wagon myself, mostly because that's what I had years ago.
      Since I've gotten so used to my '91s I think I would have a hard time going back to the older boxes, but if one came along at the right time...

Good luck mang!
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
      X