No announcement yet.

Best Way to Swap Headers on 88 TC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if its ang consolation ill put up a vid of my merc as i am running the same mustang shortys with thrush glasspacks. only difference is side exhaust on my merc
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

if its ang consolation ill put up a vid of my merc as i am running the same mustang shortys with thrush glasspacks. only difference is side exhaust on my merc
      Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
      Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
      Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

just a heads up the thrush glass packs suck in comparison to cherry bomb ones. i know ive had both. i had 36 inch thrushs before and then went down to 26 inch cherries world of difference.
        89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

thrush are 20 bucks. only reason i have them

Comment

What's better about Cherry Bomb's? They look identical inside to the Thrush's.
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
              What's better about Cherry Bomb's? They look identical inside to the Thrush's.
              not really, the quality and sound from cherries are alot better they are contructed better, just a better all around product to be honest.

Comment

if the cherries are equally as cheap ill look into them

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
                  if the cherries are equally as cheap ill look into them
                  mine were like 14 aand some change from local napa

Comment

cherries it is... hahaha

Comment

anyone know if these are legit pipes. like if theyll fit?. you know how reproduction parts can be a pain in the ass to fit sometimes..

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...parttype,10023

i looking at the tail pipe that goes over the axle. we want to run duals, so we'd get the left and the right one

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
                        anyone know if these are legit pipes. like if theyll fit?. you know how reproduction parts can be a pain in the ass to fit sometimes..

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...parttype,10023

i looking at the tail pipe that goes over the axle. we want to run duals, so we'd get the left and the right one

theres a sticky on this usueally use impala tails

Comment

I think he's going 2.25 not 2.5" on the exhaust, but yeah, Impala tails work beautifully but grab them quick, I don't think Walker is makiing them anymore.
                          Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

ill take your word for it. but im having a hard time believeing impala tailpipes will tuck under the quarters like the factory ones do.

anyone got pics?

Comment

I have the Impala tails on my car that's in for paint right now, the one in my sig, that I just had wagon springs put in. Tucked around the axle perfect and came already bent nice without any crinkles in the pipe IIRC

Pics on first page of the car in my Reader's Rides thread, last post. Didn't get any close over the axle photos but you can see them disappear and reappear. http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...?46597-Tatiana
                              Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 04-26-2013, 01:58 PM.
                              Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Unless you are doing serious engine mods or want the exhaust super loud, you can just use stock tailpipes and they will tuck away super nice. You can't even see ANY of the tailpipes on my 85....
                                The 2" pipes support at least 250HP, and you wont have to deal with extending the impala tails.
                                Stock Impala tails are 2" and they are rated for 265 some HP.
                                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                                sigpic
                                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                                X