No announcement yet.

1983 Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red is the stock color of pontiac gauge illumination. Also, it's the same color airplane instrumentation uses.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

the looks cool but I realized that the radio is blue and its not changeable idk I might try red first and see how it goes. Where did you get the 140 speedo??? I always wanted to get one for my car!! maybe next year I will try to get a different rear and out of a newer p71 with 3.55s and convert to rear disc brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
        Red is the stock color of pontiac gauge illumination. Also, it's the same color airplane instrumentation uses.
        The reason they use red is because of how human eyes work, red does not disturb your eyes natural night vision. I forget all the technical, biological terms but it takes something like 20 minutes for your eyes to completely re-adjust to darkness after being exposed to light except for red light.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by 83vic View Post
          the looks cool but I realized that the radio is blue and its not changeable idk I might try red first and see how it goes. Where did you get the 140 speedo??? I always wanted to get one for my car!! maybe next year I will try to get a different rear and out of a newer p71 with 3.55s and convert to rear disc brakes.
          The 140 speedo is not so easy to find, ebay or JY from a police interceptor would be your best bet. I saw a couple on ebay for 90-91 (I have a 91 MGM) going for $150 for the cheapest one. Since 90-91 were only 2 year production I think the older ones could actually be a little easier to find, I think I may have seen more of the older ones on ebay and I think one was asking about $400 but didn't really pay attention to the older ones.

Every once in a while one will popup for sale from one of the members on here and may be how the Brown Blob ended up with his.
          Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

I had two at one time. First was purchased through carparts.com I believe. Some auto yard somewhere had it and I ordered it from them. The second one (an current one in the car) was picked up through ebay.

There is one on ebay now for some crazy price. 399 iirc. Absurd. He also has the police gauge pack that goes above the glove box for another crazy dollar amount.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

ok so I started thinking about ways to clean up the amp wiring in the trunk I was thinking about getting a piece of 1/4 inch thick board of some sort and somehow gluing or somehow attaching it to the floor up next to the spare tire. I am going to keep my spare learned that lesson the hard way ( even though I currently don't have one on 98 f150 at the moment)I had a blow out once and had to call my dad to bring me the spare because like a dummy I wanted more amp space for a big amp I used to have hooked up. anyway I don't want to put any holes into the floor hence the glue idea or maybe heavy Velcro and then lay the carpet over the board and screw the amp to the board not the car, I also have a cap to mount. Just wondering if anyone has a better idea?? the cap is attached to the box now I want to remove and hide all the wires.

Comment

found a 140 speedo on car parts $50

Comment

ok so I started thinking about ways to clean up the amp wiring in the trunk I was thinking about getting a piece of 1/4 inch thick board of some sort and somehow gluing or somehow attaching it to the floor up next to the spare tire. I am going to keep my spare learned that lesson the hard way ( even though I currently don't have one on 98 f150 at the moment)I had a blow out once and had to call my dad to bring me the spare because like a dummy I wanted more amp space for a big amp I used to have hooked up. anyway I don't want to put any holes into the floor hence the glue idea or maybe heavy Velcro and then lay the carpet over the board and screw the amp to the board not the car, I also have a cap to mount. Just wondering if anyone has a better idea?? the cap is attached to the box now I want to remove and hide all the wires.
                  Just mount everything to the back of the seat. Out of the way, and no problem with tire.
                  2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                  2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                  Past Panthers
                  1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                  if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

found a 140 speedo on car parts $50
                    $50?! Nice find!
                    Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

just finished the door lock actuators and its storming so im going to eat a bite and then do the upper ball joints. I got the doors back together just before it started to rain. the car doesn't fit in the garage with the doors open but I can pull it in to do the ball joints.Click image for larger version

Name:	null_zps32d12132.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	1272477Click image for larger version

Name:	null_zps5429ad82.jpg
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	1272478Click image for larger version

Name:	null_zps6a604ea6.jpg
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	1272479

Comment

Did the ball joints and then I started on the amp and wiring it might not stay this way but I did do what I was thinking of with the board... so far I like it I might still mount it to the back of the seat.Click image for larger version

Name:	null_zps54037585.jpg
Size:	260.6 KB
ID:	1272480Click image for larger version

Name:	null_zpsb8494359.jpg
Size:	336.2 KB
ID:	1272481Click image for larger version

Name:	null_zps2693d7f3.jpg
Size:	281.0 KB
ID:	1272482Click image for larger version

Name:	null_zps83f53e19.jpg
Size:	220.1 KB
ID:	1272483Click image for larger version

Name:	null_zpscf4e4e05.jpg
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	1272484Click image for larger version

Name:	null_zps5d3ce943.jpg
Size:	325.9 KB
ID:	1272485Click image for larger version

Name:	null_zps0b81ad85.jpg
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	1272486Click image for larger version

Name:	null_zpsa7e69f44.jpg
Size:	290.7 KB
ID:	1272487

Comment

End result looks nice and clean, though if the amp is small enough (which it looks to be) I'd stick it on the back side of the seats just to get it out of the way. Now the cap looks a bit bigger. Not sure if he will fit.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Looks much better. Nice and clean.
                            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                            Past Panthers
                            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

did a quick video last night while I had it running.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI1gMn2KkIE

Comment

I had a really rough week this week my uncle passed away. So for now I am going to stop some of the work on the vic. Its hard to believe he is gone. I know in his will he left me his prized possession, his 1964 Studebaker GT hawk and my dad is going to keep the 66 impala ss he had. So I will get back on the vic but it might be a month or two. I was really close to my uncle he was the one I always went to car shows with and got me into the old cars that I love. between him my grandfather and my dad I learned how to do my job I do now as a mechanic.

Comment

Working...
                                X