No announcement yet.

1983 Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

understandable mang. time to be with the family. Praying for peace of mind and joy in remembrance for y'all.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

my buddy took a pic of me cleaning up the 50 ford he owned I am driving it Monday in the funeral. Click image for larger version

Name:	null_zpsee20a254.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	219.4 KB
ID:	1272515

Comment

The cars and the memories live on. Remember the good times
        1989 crown Vic daily driver 165k and counting!
        1987 MGM 49xxx mi awaiting light resto

Comment

I plan on to continue to go to car shows and cruise ins with both cars in the picture he will be greatly missed not only by me and my family he had a lot of friends that thought the world of him. I would love to get the hawk restored one day.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	null_zpsbbaae2c3.jpg
Size:	316.0 KB
ID:	1272614Click image for larger version

Name:	null_zps38ce48d7.jpg
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	1272615Click image for larger version

Name:	null_zps35b915f5.jpg
Size:	237.5 KB
ID:	1272616had some time over the past weekend so I shot a few coats of paint to block to make it look a little better

Comment

does anyone know the carb pad height on a factory 302 intake? edelbrock has the 2121 performer which has a 4.12" high pad and idle- 5500 rpm. looking on ebay I can get a polished air gap fro $195 that says it has a 4.12" pad height too idk it looks taller in the pictures plus it 1550-6000 rpm. it looks like hood clearance is tight. or better yet what carb intakes do granmarq.net members suggest to run???

Comment

I just ordered blue L.E.D for the instrument cluster i am going to call and order the 140mph cluster from car-parts.com this week its still on there for $50. so hopefully i will order an intake and new oil pan soon and then i will start swapping engines!!

Comment

When you receive the new speedo and open it up to remove the stock color caps make sure to swap on your stock (85mph) printed circuit so you can still have 4 illumination lights during night.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I was in Louisville KY yesterday at the Street Rod Nationals and picked up $65 dollars worth of l.e.d. lights to convert all the turn, parking, and brake lights over. I even picked up the correct flasher. When I get some time I will take pics while i'm changing all the bulbs.

Comment

Looks like i might be turning the vic into a winter project it will give me more time to save and get some parts that are critical to put my engine in. I am looking at renovating my uncles house and live in it so the next 4 months will be all devoted to getting the house up to par and moving in around January or early February. It's funny how plans can change by a single event happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

Do whatchya gotta do. I just had my plans change as well. Coincidentally I am working on the house as well. May wait for next spring to do the engine swap.

Packman

Comment

Hope you house project goes well. I'm looking at a lot of work. I'm looking forward to working on it but I wish I could have had more time and money this year to complete what I started on the vic. On top of the house I'm trying to sell my truck so I can get my dads cherokee. He is giving it to me for free but it's needs some work and I have a 3.5 lift in mind. I hate pushing the vic to back burner but in the end it will give me more time and do things at a slower pace and make it right, so..... Needless to say its going to be a very busy next 4 or 5 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

Well I sold my truck and fixed up the jeep that I got off my dad so I will hopefully get on the vic when it starts warming up in the spring. I ended up with a 4.5" lift on 33x12.50s on the jeep and it mostly done I still a few minor things to tend to but it's drivable now. The vic is so close all I need is an intake and fuel pressure regulator and I can start the engine swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's been a long time since I have worked or looked at my 83 Vic. But it's time to start getting things done to it. So if anyone wants to be an owner of a Studebaker or Studebakers i need the space so I can get my 83 in our building to get started on it. I'm helping my dad and his sister sell a 51 champion 4dr (bullet nose) and a 62 GT Hawk with extra parts car they both need new homes. Unfortunately my car has been sitting outside for the past few years so the paint needs some attention and the steering column is a little lighter in color now. Dash is cracked but the rest of the upholstery is still good. Plans are to put the H.O. Engine in and upgrade the trans and swap rear diff to a later model P71 unit with sway bar. Upgrade front suspension with later model control arms and bigger brakes. I need to get is an Intake and parts from a junk yard for all the upgrades. I'm getting excited about putting the car back on the road!! It's been fun driving my 64 Stude GT hawk but I miss having my Vic. Going to try and start rounding up parts here around the first of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X