'88 LSC (thundercougarfalconbird)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'88 LSC (thundercougarfalconbird)

So I picked up this little gem tonight. 88 Lincoln sports coupe, 81,000 miles, pretty much stock. It has the smog pump removed and short belt routing, a flex fan, off road h pipe on stock headers with 20" glass packs dumped at the axle.

Rust free, pretty much spotless underneath, just as clean as my mustang is. The bad, it's been wrecked of course, hit a deer. The drivers window motor is weak going up, and the dew wipes are dry rotted and hard as a rock. The windshield is foggy looking at the edge of the drivers side. The air bags leak he said, but it takes 3-4 days and its only the rear. Other than that everything seems to be good.

First order of buisness is a new TV bushing and a adjustment. The bushing is still there it just shifts a little quick for my taste. Then change the tranny fluid and filter. Then the usual tune up stuff. Of course hunt for body parts while all this is happening.

On to the pics

That's it for now. I'll keep you updated on the new toy. Feels good to be back.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
    Big plans

Nice car. Always was tempted to get a mark VII but, could never seem to find a good one. The fact that its rust free, makes the front end damagea minor issue in my books.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

looks like the clear coats all there. on our 90 it was all coming off the top surface. get out the soapy water and spray the bags to find the leak, it might just be a leaky oring on one of the solenoids.

did ya talk him down on price?
      ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
      ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Traded my 86 4runner for it. And yes also the front end damage is minor to me for as nice as the rest of the body is, also all the clear is still there.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
        Big plans

Comment

my favorite fox body.
          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Really like those cars............good trade on that 4runner......
            Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

Keep us posted, looks to be pretty clean other than the smash.
              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
              Past Panthers
              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

If you're willing to drive an hour to the Cincinnati area there are plenty of these in local yards to harvest a fender and header panel from
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

Cool. Fix the air suspension before it gets too bad. If it starts getting to where its going down overnight, it will wear out the compressor trying to keep up. Good deal on the deleted smog pump too. I'm going to have to do that with mine very soon. Its making horrible noises now and its starting to concern me.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

do it soon. Mine seized up on my panther after about 3 days of obnoxiousness.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

You just had to get a silver one, didn't you? Remind you of the color of your old car? Gonna paint the rims purple? ;D
                      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I was already speculating purple rims with the gf actually. That's the first thing that popped into my head lol.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                        Big plans

Comment

Well I found a wiring diagram for the air ride. So I think I might play with that tomorrow and check for leaks

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                          Big plans

Comment

Well got it temporarily wired up in the trunk, to makes sure everything was going to work. So when I get some more wire I'm going to take out the ashtray and cigarette lighter out and make a mounting pedestal for my switch panel. That way when the ashtray door is closed you'll never know.

All up in the rear, about an inch higher than stock in the front.

All down front and rear.

I have 7 switches.
                            Compressor ON
                            Compressor vent
                            Left front solenoid
                            Right front solenoid
                            Left rear solenoid
                            Right rear solenoid
                            ON/OFF for the air ride ecu.

I run the ON/OFF in the mix so the compressor doesn't get worked to hard. When I first get in I have it in the off position, and I air it up manually just and inch or two, enough to get driving , then let it rest. Once I get a few miles down the road I flip the ON/OFF switch for the ecu and let it trim out to its normal ride height from there.

The system will continue to be up graded, dual viar compressores, new bags, 1/4" ports and air line, 5 gallon reserve air tank, and manual 1/4" paddle valves to control the height. But until then that's how I'm gonna do it.

I have a few questions regarding the stock suspension. Do the shocks and struts interchange with a mustang? If so what years? Also do mustang adjustable caster camber plates work on a mark vii?

The reason I ask is I'm trying to get it lower in the "parked" position and the shocks and struts seem to be the limiting point at the moment. I know fox struts are shorter than sn95 struts so I was wondering if the mark vii used a longer strut than a fox and I fox strut could be used for more downward travel?

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                            Big plans

Comment

Sweet! I bet the ass end is pretty bouncy, when the rear bags are filled to the max lol.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                              X