No announcement yet.

'88 LSC (thundercougarfalconbird)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where'd you find the diagram for the air ride? Mine acts a bit wacky sometimes so it'd be nice to just over ride it.

Comment

On one of the Lincoln sites. The colors aren't quit right, so you have to go by the PIN numbers.

Right front bag valve pin 12 orange/red
      Left front bag valve pin 11 light green/orange
      Right rear bag valve pin 10 light blue/purple or black stripe
      Left rear bag valve pin 9 purple/ light green
      Vent solenoid pin 23 light blue/pink
      Compressor pin 22 dark blue/yellow

All the have to do is ground the circuit to complete it and activate the desired function.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
      Big plans

Comment

Its really hard on the compressor trying to air it up and down like that. If you want to do that manually, you'd be better off with a higher volume compressor and an air tank rather than the stock dinky thing. Not sure if you've ever been into one, but the piston is about an inch diameter, and the stroke is probably close to an inch also. Piston rings are made out of a piece of what looks like graphite impregnated teflon that is pushed out by a rubber O ring.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I know. I'm gonna get two big viar 480 compressors and a 5 gallon air tank.

Ninja edit: is there an oil check or anything on the compressor? Anything like that I should check? I think I'm gonna move the compressor out of the engine bay in an attempt to keep it cooler for the time being.
          Last edited by 1980c10; 05-06-2013, 07:04 PM.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
          Big plans

Comment

Picked up a set of wheels. It's going to need tires soon, so my plan was to just find a set of mustang wheels with half tread tires on then for around $450. But then I came across these, most people don't like them, but I love them and I've always wanted a set for my collection. 94-95 mustang gt Tri-bars, 17x8 and they weigh in at 20.2 lbs each, not bad for a 17. Got them with no tires for $100. So here in the next month or so I'm gonna buy new tires and I'm going to give them a fresh paint job before they go on also. Nothing crazy just metallic silver, almost stock.

I'll keep you all in the loop

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
            Big plans

Comment

I love those wheels! This will sure look sweet installed.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Put the turbines back on.
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  +1!
                  2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                  2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                  Past Panthers
                  1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                  if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                    +1!
                    +2
                    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Like I said, most people don't like them. But I love them.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                      Big plans

Comment

Nice car. There a1 a lot of parts local to rhode island on craigslist and i believe they are even in your color.
                        87' Lincoln Town Car Stars + Stripes. Explorer GT40P, Anderson B31 Cam, Shorty Headers, FRPP 1.6 Rockers, A9L, Sn95 T5 Trans, 3:55 Limited Slip, GNX Rear Springs, LSC Turbines, 1.5 wheelspacers, Full Custom Dual 2.5/Flowmasters, 00 P71 Airtube, 19lb calibrated Maf, Summit Alum Radiator, King Cobra Clutch, Short throw Shfter, Energy Susp Trans Mount,
                        Mods to come: Big Brake/Poly Front Swap, PI Front Swaybar, Addco 650 Rear Swaybar, Boxed Upper Rear Control Arms, 351/Alum Heads, FRPP Valve Covers,

Comment

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/pts/3798311559.html
                          87' Lincoln Town Car Stars + Stripes. Explorer GT40P, Anderson B31 Cam, Shorty Headers, FRPP 1.6 Rockers, A9L, Sn95 T5 Trans, 3:55 Limited Slip, GNX Rear Springs, LSC Turbines, 1.5 wheelspacers, Full Custom Dual 2.5/Flowmasters, 00 P71 Airtube, 19lb calibrated Maf, Summit Alum Radiator, King Cobra Clutch, Short throw Shfter, Energy Susp Trans Mount,
                          Mods to come: Big Brake/Poly Front Swap, PI Front Swaybar, Addco 650 Rear Swaybar, Boxed Upper Rear Control Arms, 351/Alum Heads, FRPP Valve Covers,

Comment

Going to pick up all the parts I need today woohoo. A fellow in south heights PA has everything I need for $200. So it's cheap and I'm one stop shopping. It's a 225 mile drive each way, but I'm taking the girlfriends Integra which get 40mpg on the highway, so it should only cost me around $50 in gas to go up and back.

Also the last two full ups on the mark have got me 21.2 and 19.3
                            Not to bad for terrible aero dynamics missing half of my nose.

I figure once I get the new body parts on and get the ride height dialed in where I want it 23-24 shouldn't be a problem.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                            Big plans

Comment

22-24 is fairly typical for highway use in a mechanically sound Mark VII. I usually don't do better than 22 but mine has a shitload of miles on it. Around town mixed driving is usually around 19.

Comment

Okay now time to discuss the setup I'm collecting parts for.

I am going to be ditching the factory air ride and installing an aftermarket air ride setup. So here is the plan for the front. Currently with the stock setup aired all the way out it with not lay the k member on the ground, even if the bags are completely removed no fox will, and that's what I want when parked.

So here is the plan to make it lay on the ground (in the front anyway)

Racecraft 2" drop spindles
                                99-04 hubs
                                99-04 rotors
                                99-04 PBR calipers
                                99-04 lower control arm (modified to run aftermarket air bags)
                                Steeda X2 balljoints
                                Fox body struts
                                Hybrid fox/lsc custom built caster camber plates, extended height as well.

When I do this I will also be switching to a vacuum assist booster and manual proportioning valve.
                                The lower control arm is still a toss up at this moment, I may switch to a shorter one to narrow the track width so the wheel will tuck all the way into the fender.

Any thoughts.

PS. Think pro-touring, not low rider. The pace car on this page is my inspiration.
                                http://www.pro-touring.com/showthrea...here-any/page2

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                                Big plans

Comment

Working...
                                X