No announcement yet.

18" mustang bullitt wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn I think if I cut the fenders it may not do anything the place I had put my wheels on say it's not rubbing. I think the tires are hitting the wheel wield or the inside of my fender. When my car bounces it drops so low it hits the inside of my fender above the wheel. My suspension bounces a lot think I need new read shocks? What can I go to stop this loud rubbing or grinding noise? Cani upgrade my suspension give it a more stiffer or sporty ride

Comment

police springs and shocks... will raise the ride height about an inch and make it stiffer. Do that front and rear to keep it even.

may just need the shocks. I'd start there and see how that works before pulling springs.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        police springs and shocks... will raise the ride height about an inch and make it stiffer. Do that front and rear to keep it even.

may just need the shocks. I'd start there and see how that works before pulling springs.
        + 1 on the above. I would not be cutting fenders unless last resort. I would also have your suspension inspected by a couple of shops. That way you will know if anything needs replacing before the alignment.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post

Damn I really don't want to raise my car my car looks nice it looks low and I was even thinking of lowering it. You don't think if I just need to replace my rear shocks with standard ones it won't help.

Comment

Also my boy has a p71 same year as mine it is raised a inch higher but his bounces and jumps just as bad as mine I do to know if he needs new shocks to or if that's just how these car suspension is?

Comment

I have the exact same wheels on an 02 GM, with the same spacers ( 2" and 1.5") and nothing rubs no matter how it's loaded down.
              You may have something else going on that needs to be checked out.

Comment

stock police should not bounce for crap. your buddy probably needs new shocks. You may also need suspension bushings all around depending on how beat the car is.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

yeah uh you don't have to pay $325 for spacers that don't vibrate. i paid like $120 for some off eBay and in six years of constant and hard use they've never vibrated... if you can afford to drop that kind of quiche without educating yourself first then i guess that's good for you, but i shop around and see what else there is available and i never believe the guy behind the counter whether he's my buddy or not.

seriously i would've sold you those spacers for so much less than $325 lol

Comment

Likewise.

I ran Ebay spacers for years, and still do.

Mike used to autocross his car, and beat the hell out of it with Ebay spacers.
                    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Working...
                    X