No announcement yet.

Bad news for my 85 CV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bet it still comes out looking better than my 88 in all it's faded glory.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Installed my new plates on the 85 a couple of days ago

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-10-15 16.09.21.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1273364

Definitely adds coolness and will save me money in the long run as Kentucky historic tags never need renewed for the life of the vehicle, so no more registration fees for me! (for this car anyway lol)
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

Some pics of my new grille I picked up from the junkyard and custom painted. I got it from an 86 Vic but I painted the back crossed sections black so just parts of the grille are chrome. Plus I added a new ford badge. Would look better with my 79 grille but I finally found a replacement for that melted piece. Never mind the paint lines and bent piece in the hood. I didn't waster time sanding it down when I was painting since its trash anyway.

1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

I like what you did with the grille. Nice!
          2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Very nice work!!! That's exactly what I did with my grille. I kept the vertical lines chrome and blacked everything else out.

Packman

Comment

This car was kick ass and had a kick ass return. Any updates on it?

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Haven't been on here much in the past year, sorry about that, but an update on my CV! this is her 30th birthday this month! She was born in November 1984 although it's an 85 model year. Since the last picture on here I have replace the hood and header panel with a set that was practically new in a local scrap yard. I like the new corner lenses better.

The new engine is still coming along, I've got GT40 heads cleaned up with rebuilt springs and valves from a local machine shop. A slow but steady build.

Here's my car at age 30!

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20141124_13_54_36_Pro.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	1276754

Comment

Why a GMQ front clip??

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                  The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                  It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Well, because I could find one really. CV parts are rare around here. Plus I like the lines better

Comment

Working...
                    X