351W Accessories and Brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

351W Accessories and Brackets

For those who swapped in the 351W in favor of the 5.0L; what did you use for a power steering bracket? I guess you can add the other brackets as well (smog pump, alternator, a/c if applicable). For me right now is the location of the power steering pump is important. The 351W that I have has it mounted much higher than the stock 5.0L lopo. I see in JEGS that they have a power steering bracket for the 351W swap that allows you to swap from the 5.0L? Although this is for the Fox body Mustangs, has anybody used this for the our box Panthers? Thanks

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...97-M-8511-A351

Packman
    Last edited by packman; 05-22-2013, 01:13 PM.

The only bracket that is different IIRC is the AC bracket. Which is nearly impossible to find.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Excellent! F' a/c; I haven't had a vehicle with working a/c to date. So this is good news to me. Power steering isn't too critical, but would be nice if I can use the stock lines. Thanks mrltd

Packman

Comment

I would guess that brackets from a 351W box police car should work??
        If thats right, I could probably find those for you.
        I'm sure somebody here can verify if the 351 PI brackets will work or not.

Comment

yep, 351 cop car is what the AC bracket comes from.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah I used all my stock 302 brackets for my 351W minus that A/C garbage.
            1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
            2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
            sigpic

Comment

There are 2 different 351 AC brackets due to a pump change during production years. You have to use the proper bracket with each pump style. I have both styles.

Comment

If the 5.0L brackets work, then I have no problem with that. If I need the P72 brackets, then I guess I will post in the "Looking For" section.

Packman

Comment

Working...
                X