• Show
Clear All

Futura GLS Super Sport 235/60r15

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0589[1].jpg
Views:	2
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	1300668

Finally swapped out the 20 year old 205s with inch and a half wide white walls for some Futura 235/60 15s. Drives much better. Gotta hand it to Goodyear though, 20 years on a set of tires is a loooong time. Even with low miles.

Pulled my spare out of the trunk the other day and this is what it looked like (I guess from heat???)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0585[1].jpg
Views:	2
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1300669

Made me decide that the time for new rubber had arrived! Anyway, just thought I'd throw up a pic because I was browsing the net to get an idea of what these would look like on my car. Not bad for the $$$.
    sigpic
    GrandestMarquis

looks good!

20 yrs old eek!

i start shopping for new tires when they reach about 7 yrs old

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Pretty. Loved the RWL.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I got RWL on mine this year too. Wasn't sure what to think of it first but they are growing on me. Looks good mang!
        Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
        Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by nfldfordltd View Post
          I got RWL on mine this year too. Wasn't sure what to think of it first but they are growing on me. Looks good mang!
          Yea, at first sight I didn't like the RWL, but once I got her home and scrubbed all the blue crap off the letters I thought they looked pretty sharp. Eventually I'd like to get some cragar ss wheels which will go great with the RWLs. Also think 245s would fill out the back wheel wells better.
          sigpic
          GrandestMarquis

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
            i start shopping for new tires when they reach about 7 yrs old
            Me too, but these were on the car when I bought it a couple years ago and still had great tread. I didn't realize they were that old until the end of last summer. She's a 1983 with only a little over 80,000 miles so I'd say those were probably the second set of tires ever put on the car.
            sigpic
            GrandestMarquis

Comment

Good thing your spare did not blow out and take your rear window out at the same time !

Comment

Originally posted by GrandestMarquis View Post
                Pulled my spare out of the trunk the other day and this is what it looked like (I guess from heat???)
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]36186[/ATTACH]
                That's likely a wheel that got swapped out for the spare.
                That doesn't happen just sitting in the trunk - that's what happens when you drive on dry rotted tires!
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                  That doesn't happen just sitting in the trunk !
                  Yes it does, it even happened to me!

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                  2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                  2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                  1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Seriously? You saw that tire in good shape one day, then another it looked like that? lol...
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                      Seriously? You saw that tire in good shape one day, then another it looked like that? lol...
                      I swapped that tire out for the original spare the end of last summer because it had a small knot on the outside edge of it. That's when I found out they were 20 years old because no tire shop will mount tires past 7 years old. The tire was still completely intact when I had it remounted and put in the trunk.
                      sigpic
                      GrandestMarquis

Comment

Working...
                      X