85 Crown Vic Tudor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 Crown Vic Tudor

Finally got myself a tudor! Fresh off the flatbed, haven't done anything but wash the mold off it.

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

That thing sure does look nice, glad to see that it went to a good home.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ffffuuuuuuu.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	1272508

Comment

That sure is a nice'un.
        Glad you got it!!!

Comment

dang... that's cleaner than my Mark... and nicer than my 88 (but not quite as rust free as my 88).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

You got a great deal on a nice car !

Comment

It amazes me that this car was going to enter the derby. Glad you saved it.

I am very jealous of those nice chocolaty seats.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Very nice! Any plans, or keeping this one stock?
                2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                Past Panthers
                1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

congrats!......(dam , I shoulda just went and got that myself...lol)

Comment

Yes! You actually got it. Very nice coupe and welcome to the 2-door club

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Can't wait to see what it in store for this one!
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Congratulations on your new purchase! That thing is amazing, thank god it didn't go to the derbies! So... how many panthers do you have now?

Comment

I see it has the rare rear seat silencer option as well. Nice save.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            .... yup , that's to silence back seat drivers...lol

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                              That thing sure does look nice, glad to see that it went to a good home.
                              Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]36241[/ATTACH]
                              Originally posted by mcninetyone View Post
                              That sure is a nice'un.
                              Glad you got it!!!
                              Originally posted by slymer View Post
                              dang... that's cleaner than my Mark... and nicer than my 88 (but not quite as rust free as my 88).
                              Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                              You got a great deal on a nice car !
                              Thanks guys, sorry Serge, this one called out to me in my dreams and said buy me.
                              Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                              It amazes me that this car was going to enter the derby. Glad you saved it.

I am very jealous of those nice chocolaty seats.
                              I know! The first thing I said when I opened the door was "Damn that's chocolaty"!
                              Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                              Very nice! Any plans, or keeping this one stock?
                              Stock if it runs right. I have enough modified cars as is.
                              Originally posted by t65neon5 View Post
                              congrats!......(dam , I shoulda just went and got that myself...lol)
                              Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                              Yes! You actually got it. Very nice coupe and welcome to the 2-door club
                              Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
                              Can't wait to see what it in store for this one!
                              2 door club is a good club!
                              Originally posted by BuffaloRider View Post
                              Congratulations on your new purchase! That thing is amazing, thank god it didn't go to the derbies! So... how many panthers do you have now?
                              6... (although my 91 Grand Marq is a parts car, and my 92 Vic of the undead is as the name implies)
                              Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              Originally posted by t65neon5 View Post
                              .... yup , that's to silence back seat drivers...lol
                              I'm not even sure what it's for, definitely not a panther.

Did a little work to it today. First, if you notice in the pictures, it had a power mirror on the drivers side that obviously didn't belong. I had a nice drivers manual one laying around so I installed that. Also lubed up everything in the door while I was in there. Damn if this car doesn't have huge ass side windows.
                              I found the door speakers have no surrounds anymore so I chucked that. I'd like to find replacements as I like having premium sound. I know they are 6 ohm, but that's it.
                              The dash and rear speakers however sound really, really good still!
                              Speaking of the radio, the display is out, I took the face off expecting the typical backlit LCD display with a burned out bulb but nope, this has a vacuum fluorescent display instead. Faded to death I suppose.

I was greeted with a nice surprise when I opened the glove box though!

I dug my "nice" set of turbines out of storage and gave them a good power wash. They have the typical burned in brake dust look, but have no corrosion at all and are driver worthy.

Removed the exhaust from the car. It was only a touch too loud....

Put the cat's off the Battle Wagon on it, and the H pipe off the 89 on. I was worried the exhaust flapper would make the drivers side sit too low, but it seems fine. This is why I throw nothing out, never know when you'll need it. I need to buy new mufflers though, and weld the 89's original tailpipes back up as I cut them in a few places when removing them.

So now that it has something resembling an exhaust I was able to let it run for more then 30 seconds. I was told it runs like shit when warm, but after letting it idle for 30 minuets I drove it up and down the driveway a bunch of times and it drove great. Honestly felt just like a sefi lopo.
                              It has a bunch of new various sensors, plugs, wires, rotor, air filter, ect.... Someone did a bunch of work to this car at some time.
                              Heat works great, a/c believe it or not still works. It short cycles but the r12 blows cold still. Compressor clutch is shot though, on the list of stuff to do.

I really have no intentions of modding this car that much. I just want a nice quiet cruiser.
                              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Working...
                              X