99 Grand Marquis masculinity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
    keep your foot out of it when accelerating.
    Now that's the best advice of all right there for MPG.
    Nothing makes me smile more than a cougar in my Panther

Kristal - 2005 Grand Marquis GS

Killin' zombies and grillin' veggie burgers, it's kinda my thing you know? - Bozowolf

Comment

Update.

Took a trip 500 miles round. Only got 20 MPG. I am thinking the a tune up is in order. I am thinking e3 plugs but this is the first car I have had with coil packs. So these have to be replaced for new wires?

Also I am looking at a set of 17 in mustang bullit wheels. Anyone know if these will fit? What size tire would I use too.

Thank in advance.
      Scott

Live in the midsouth where "Elvis is King and Jesus is Lord"

1999 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

How many miles are on it?? I'd stick with factory Motorcraft plugs in it. Seem to do just fine on my 03 LX Sport. Might want to change the fuel filter and air filter before throwing plugs on it. Give it some time to drive and see if the mileage improves. Could just need a good solid running to get things moving if it was an old lady car in the past. Bottle of Seafoam in the gas tank could help as well.

The Mustang wheels should fit fine. As far as tire size I want to say they are 235/55/17's stock, same as the LX Sport. Double check that though as I know the Mustang got several different wheel choices depending on the year.

If you are mechanically inclined enough you could J-mod the transmission to get a cleaner firmer shift from it, unless you like the feeling of the soft shifts now. Personal preferance.
        These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

She has just over 120000. I did air filter. I will get a fuel filter this weekend. Thanks.

Originally posted by FordMan77 View Post
          How many miles are on it?? I'd stick with factory Motorcraft plugs in it. Seem to do just fine on my 03 LX Sport. Might want to change the fuel filter and air filter before throwing plugs on it. Give it some time to drive and see if the mileage improves. Could just need a good solid running to get things moving if it was an old lady car in the past. Bottle of Seafoam in the gas tank could help as well.

The Mustang wheels should fit fine. As far as tire size I want to say they are 235/55/17's stock, same as the LX Sport. Double check that though as I know the Mustang got several different wheel choices depending on the year.

If you are mechanically inclined enough you could J-mod the transmission to get a cleaner firmer shift from it, unless you like the feeling of the soft shifts now. Personal preferance.
          Scott

1999 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Oh, does the j-mod require removal of tranny?
            Scott

1999 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

J-mod requires removal of the valve body.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

watch the Jmod video

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...o-s-Jmod-video
                2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Working...
                X