No announcement yet.

Catalytic Converters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be aware: The exhaust shops are becoming dicks. The local exhaust shop here which is the cheapest option for duals, or regular patchwork stuff has a sign up that says they'll charge you $XX per catalytic converter if you want to keep the old ones. You will want to check with the shop first, if they do that sort of thing you may need to cut the old cats off then drive it to the shop huffing fumes so you can get your money out of the cats.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

What do scrap cats go for these days?
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
        What do scrap cats go for these days?
        I scrapped my two last year and got $80 for them. Not sure if that's decent or not, but I was happy.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

It is hard cash
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

depends on your location, and the scrapper you take them to. I only managed $20 for all the cats off my 88 when I put the magnaflows on.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
              Be aware: The exhaust shops are becoming dicks. The local exhaust shop here which is the cheapest option for duals, or regular patchwork stuff has a sign up that says they'll charge you $XX per catalytic converter if you want to keep the old ones. You will want to check with the shop first, if they do that sort of thing you may need to cut the old cats off then drive it to the shop huffing fumes so you can get your money out of the cats.
              I don't know, the shop I've gone to many times is pretty cool, Madhatter Mufflers. you wouldn't guess it by the location and condition of the rickety shop but they're probably the most highly suggested muffler place in Columbus, and for good reason they're dirt cheap and they don't fuck around. I'll have to call ahead and ask if they're gonna charge me to keep my catalytic converters because I don't want to drive there "huffing fumes" as you say lol. I can also ask if they install headers as well because although it is exhaust and they are an exhaust shop it's not necessarily as simple as hacking/unbolting and welding/bolting pipes together so I don't know.

fmansfield, I'd be happy as hell with $80, that's like 1/3 the price of my new ones, I'll look around and read reviews to find the best place to take all my junk.

Oh yeah, and I grabbed those lincoln logs today they gave me a hell of a time though and I got sunburn all over my back but it was fun. Time at the junkyard is always fun for me.

Comment

Working...
              X