Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1993 marquis drivers window (real quick question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1993 marquis drivers window (real quick question)

the only window in my car that actually goes down correctly is the front passenger... the back 2 i have to push down and up (you can hear the motors but they dont move when u push the button) ... and my drivers window doesnt make any sound and wont push down or up.... could someone tell me what parts i need to buy to fix all the windows?

Window with "no sound" may be motor/regulator/bushings. The others are probably regulators/bushings. They are not like the older ones where bushing/motor replacements do the job. There are videos on YOUTUBE that show how to replace the regulators.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

if it won't push down or up, the motor is probably jammed with dead bushings. The cable regulators either work, or the window gradually falls down... unless the guides are a little loose, then the window can come crashing down. Though that's not usually an issue with panthers as much as trucks with the straighter glass.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

thats what mine does sly, the drivers front and drivers rear both you can hear the motor trying but the windows dont go up or down when pushing the switch, but as the car sits i notice my windows come down just ever so slightly and i have to pull them back up by hand. I got quoted the other day for $500.00 to have them both done at the same time. I watched the video on how to do it but i cant see myself tearing the window out and remembering all that non-sense, so im more than likely gonna pay to have it done unfortunately.

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis

Comment

$7 parts from Advance. I did all four of my windows because, well, all four bushings failed. The bushings are cake, honestly.
          They are plastic/nylon, dry out, and fall apart. So the motor turns, but there's no window action going on. Or, you can put in 7/16th ball bearings and never have to do the bushings again.
          I should see if I have a spare one laying around to take pics/videos of.

-ryan s.
          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
          Originally posted by pantera77
          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Done & Done! thx guys, projects complete!

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis

Comment

Working...
            X