No announcement yet.

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. I keep delaying the project but I bought some sandpaper to hopefully fix the scratch on the head. I used the method of the video on another car and that car is running better than before. So, instead of spending 100 to shave both heads I will try 15 bucks before. Worst that could happen is that I spend 15 dollars more than I want. Haven't been working on the swap since I bought another project. A f150 that I will use to tow the mercury to be able to take it drag racing. The nearest track is about 35 miles away I think. Don't really want to depend on one car when I do go. Also something to haul my tools when I go drag racing.
    1992 Mercury Grand Marquis.
    Upgrades: Big Brake Upgrade, digital dash, Custom ignition Switch system, sequential tail lights, Teflon Fuel lines, LED interior lights, rear end rebuild with limited slip.
    Future upgrades: 5.0 swap, 4r70w swap, aluminum driveshaft.
    sigpic

Comment

OK. So one month after update and nothing yet. Have been getting more parts for the Mercury. So, the truck I bought seems that the piston rings are bad. After rebuilding the heads with new valve guides and valves at home. Good thing is the heads will go to my dads van because he needs them. Parted out the truck and bought another one. Was able to get an aluminum driveshaft for the mercury and a transmission harness. This helps for the swap. Just need to finish the engine and transmission valve body. It is so close yet so far away. Perseverance is going to be key in this project. Also got mandrel bent exhaust for tail pipe from an impala ss. Summit has a few in stock if anyone is interested.
      Upgrades: Big Brake Upgrade, digital dash, Custom ignition Switch system, sequential tail lights, Teflon Fuel lines, LED interior lights, rear end rebuild with limited slip.
      sigpic

Comment

It has been a while with no update.

https://youtu.be/xFzdHdqamb0

Car is still in progress. Hopefully over soon. For the transmission I am going to modify the valve body to make it a manual valve body. No need for a computer to control the transmission.
        More updates to come.
        sigpic

Comment

Looking forward to more!
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

AOD with a wide ratio gearset is all you need. It will shift itself and do so without a computer. Personal opinion, but cars should either shift themselves completely or require 3 pedals to operate.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              AOD with a wide ratio gearset is all you need. It will shift itself and do so without a computer. Personal opinion, but cars should either shift themselves completely or require 3 pedals to operate.
              I do agree but it was cheaper to go with the 4r70w versus a manual transmission. I feel that the transmission itself will handle better than any cheap manual transmission that can be installed. Transmission itself was 300 plus the rebuild and to be kit will add up to about 800 in total for the transmission. For the manual I would need a flywheel, clutch, and transmission. A used manual was around 400-500 in my area. Eventually I want a manual.
              sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00012[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	1284227

Started removing the wiring harness for the ECU and removed the old exhaust pipe.Tuesday I should have the engine and transmission out.
                sigpic

Comment

Long time with no update. May end up doing a frame swap on the 92. Have replaced 3 out of 4 doors due to rust. Working on replacing the interior with an 05.

Name:	53293132_1739111632855612_5033872589135544320_n.jpg
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	1285370

Name:	60150061_1837235559709885_8087005414970884096_o.jpg
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	1285371

Name:	59677116_1837235479709893_284016042571726848_o.jpg
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	1285372

Name:	56468324_1792823644151077_639245404575105024_o.jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	1285373
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the update!!!

-ryan s.
                    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                    Originally posted by pantera77
                    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Rust sucks!

Can’t wait to see the finished product!
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working on getting the frame ready. Frame has a few spots with rust but it doesn't seems to be structural. It just seems like surface rust. Going to be cleaning up the frame and painting it. Once painted I will start making the engine mounts for the 302. Hopefully Engine should be in the frame by July or August.

Name:	IMG_20190525_184515.jpg
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	1285419
                        sigpic

Comment

Shouldn't need to make any engine mounts, the ones from a box will bolt in place of the originals.
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Best time to clean up and paint the frame. I did it with body fully intact. Not fun and you dont get nearly as good of a job done.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Current update. The 05 crown victoria frame was all rotted by the control arm. Decided to continue with the 92 frame. The frame is in good shape except with one hole by underneath of the ac evaporator housing. Going to patch it before painting. Still more to go.

Name:	74474582_2158745517558886_7983991114002595840_o.jpg
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	1286198

Name:	77002462_2158745547558883_3885992246557802496_o.jpg
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	1286199
                              sigpic

Comment

Frame rot sucks. Mine has patches on the other side, which is weird but whatever.

Comment

Working...
                                X