1992 Mercury Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.grandmarq.net/oldfuelinje...0Lpinouts.html <-- Pinouts

http://www.grandmarq.net/oldfuelinjection/page74.html <-- diagram of and how to disassemble the ECC 60 pin connector (disassembly applies to the later connector too, just lots more pins)

and what do you mean by manifold for the AC compressor? I know of no such part called that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
      http://www.grandmarq.net/oldfuelinje...0Lpinouts.html <-- Pinouts

http://www.grandmarq.net/oldfuelinjection/page74.html <-- diagram of and how to disassemble the ECC 60 pin connector (disassembly applies to the later connector too, just lots more pins)

and what do you mean by manifold for the AC compressor? I know of no such part called that.
      Not sure if its the correct name for it. Here is a picture. The circled red part is what I am asking about.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3058.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	1278530
      1992 Mercury Grand Marquis.
      Upgrades: Big Brake Upgrade, digital dash, Custom ignition Switch system, sequential tail lights, Teflon Fuel lines, LED interior lights, rear end rebuild with limited slip.
      Future upgrades: 5.0 swap, 4r70w swap, aluminum driveshaft.
      sigpic

Comment

ah... I don't know if you can get that separately from the compressor. At least not at parts houses. Best bet would be a salvage yard.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Another minor update. Found a set of gt40p heads for $190. Seems to be in their price range. Got them from a Mercury Mountaineer. I know I will need to find different headers for the engine. Will post picture once they arrive.
          Upgrades: Big Brake Upgrade, digital dash, Custom ignition Switch system, sequential tail lights, Teflon Fuel lines, LED interior lights, rear end rebuild with limited slip.
          sigpic

Comment

Another minor update. Found an explorer Intake manifold. So basically, already have part for the upgrade for the engine. I first might do the swap, to get everything taken care of such as accessories and wiring. Then the engine will come out to be rebuilt with forged internals.
            sigpic

Comment

then put back in and tuned... then... party time.

Comment

I want to one day party like you HO kids... Stupid LoPo...
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I'd like an HO too... but the lopo torque is addicting with the 3.55L in my 88. And good for towing.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                    then put back in and tuned... then... party time.
                    That's the plan.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                      I want to one day party like you HO kids... Stupid LoPo...
                      The HO cam is kinda weak in the low end, I think an Explorer cam is better suited to an otherwise stock HO engine in these cars. The HO in my 87 LX pulled fairly well at low rpm, but that was a Fox with a 5spd so can't really compare. It would pull like a train past 3000, pull to redline very quickly.

I want another Fox so bad.
                      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I used to agree, until I ran one for a while. They get lame on the top end real quick. Its a bit better than the lopo cam, but I'm not quite convinced its enough to bother about.

The better lower intake did amazing things for that lack of low end torque with an HO cam, far better than I'd have ever guessed. A Mark VII is pretty close in weight to a Vic or Grand Marq, and its not like the 3.27 gears are doing anything overly amazing to overcome the weight and cam habits.

If you want a cam that has torque and pulls, I'm extremely happy with the XE258 in my car. I think they sell it as the XE258HR now. It also gives some cool idle lope.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          I used to agree, until I ran one for a while. They get lame on the top end real quick. Its a bit better than the lopo cam, but I'm not quite convinced its enough to bother about.

The better lower intake did amazing things for that lack of low end torque with an HO cam, far better than I'd have ever guessed. A Mark VII is pretty close in weight to a Vic or Grand Marq, and its not like the 3.27 gears are doing anything overly amazing to overcome the weight and cam habits.

If you want a cam that has torque and pulls, I'm extremely happy with the XE258 in my car. I think they sell it as the XE258HR now. It also gives some cool idle lope.
                          That was actually the cam I was going to use if I stay N/A. Cam selection would be the last step for the build, once I decide to rebuild the engine. I want to get the swap done by next summer, to have all the wiring and accessories figured out. Since, I decided to buy gt40p heads and an explorer intake, the money that I was going to use for aftermarket heads and intake lets me now to plan for a turbo. Nothing Major. 6psi. Once I get everything running and maybe the turbo routed, then the engine rebuild will be done with forged internals, and a Camshaft that would work better for the turbo.

In the next week or so, I will be inspecting the engine I bought to see if I can use it as is. Change a few gaskets to at least use the engine until everything is worked out.

My ideas are constantly changing, but I am already heading down a somewhat planned path. I might need to remove the 4.10 gears, if I go the turbocharged path. Have to wait and see.
                          sigpic

Comment

Also, in terms of hp, my aims are 300 hp at the wheels, The more the better. Either way I may need to upgrade to 31 spline axle in the future.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just got the explorer intake. Most likely this swap will happen next year. Still need to buy some more parts.

sigpic

Comment

Dude, you should've PM'd me. I've got a nice painted one with a good badge sitting in my garage from a botched attempt at putting it on my car...
                                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                                X