• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet ride!!
    sigpic
    89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
    13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
    "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

Many people have told me that the 96-7 Town Cars are some of the best Ford ever made. They were really putting their best effort forward. The only hard part is apparently changing the rear shocks on them? Not sure how true that is. The rest is normal stuff...

That is an exceptionally clean looking vehicle, even with the prior accident damage. Easy converting the car to read in KPH and in C...just hit some buttons !!!

Hope it provides you plenty of years of service...and you can keep the rot issues at bay.
      -Nick M.
      Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
      03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

rear shocks aren't that bad when you know how to do them. Just kinda time consuming since you have little room to move up top.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

New body bushings help the cause of reaching the top shock nut.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

What condition are the seats in? Are you preserving with towels, or covering up with towels?
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

Originally posted by TecNickal View Post
              Many people have told me that the 96-7 Town Cars are some of the best Ford ever made. They were really putting their best effort forward. The only hard part is apparently changing the rear shocks on them? Not sure how true that is. The rest is normal stuff...

That is an exceptionally clean looking vehicle, even with the prior accident damage. Easy converting the car to read in KPH and in C...just hit some buttons !!!

Hope it provides you plenty of years of service...and you can keep the rot issues at bay.
              Thanks. That's why I went with this model year. Also, I be soaking this car in oil to keep the rust away. That and im not driving it this winter. The old trusty wagon will be back on the road for another winter.
              Originally posted by fmansfield444 View Post
              What condition are the seats in? Are you preserving with towels, or covering up with towels?
              The seats are in pretty good condition. That's half the reason for the towels. The other reason? Leather and sweat sucks lol.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I do like the aero Town Cars. We don't see much of them on here either, so it's good seeing a nice clean one pop up. I was looking for a used one before I bought the HHR, but then gas prices spiked...

Clean and classy, take care of her!

sigpic
                - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Got some new pics.Not much has changed though lol. Click image for larger version

Name:	16286160_large.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	1272902 Click image for larger version

Name:	16286157_large.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	1272903 Click image for larger version

Name:	16286158_large.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	1272904 Click image for larger version

Name:	16286159_large.jpg
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	1272905 Click image for larger version

Name:	16286155_large.jpg
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	1272906 Click image for larger version

Name:	16286154_large.jpg
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	1272907 Click image for larger version

Name:	16286156_large.jpg
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	1272908

Comment

Nice!

Are those cassettes?

Pete
                    For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                    1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                    1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

I think they are packages of Gum.

Car is looking good!
                      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                      Past Panthers
                      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Thanks...and yes, gum it is. I like to be prepared, for what ever tricks I may have in my car. If you know what I mean...

Comment

2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                          Past Panthers
                          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Im toying around with the idea of buying the lower chrome trim that sticks on. I am not exactly ready to put the chrome on, since I don't know how it will hold up over time. Anyone ever put the sticky chrome kit on their car? http://www.shopsar.com/lincoln-town-...-p/th35681.htm
                            Last edited by marquisman; 08-19-2013, 10:54 AM.

Comment

that 3M adhesive does NOT let go. Line up perfectly or it will forever be wrong.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

This is another concern. Also, I am concerned about rust forming behind the panels, due to seeping salt. I may just paint the lower section instead lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X