Another cfi to efi conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another cfi to efi conversion

So I wasn't going to conversion erosion from cfi to efi. Then yesterday I went to the u pull n pay for a door handle for my jeep and I walked right past a 1987 grand marquis and a 1989. Both of them have complete efi. Now I'm thinking about grabbing it and doing the swap.

I have a 1983. Would one car be a better match to mine then the other or are the 87 and the 89 the same. The intake manifolds look slightly different and I thought I read something about certain year wiring harnesses working better.

So which do I grab?
    sigpic
    GrandestMarquis

I think the 87 and 89 are going to be pretty similar if not the same... 90 and 91 make a pretty significant change.
    I prefer the 90-91 type harness, it's more evolved and compact then the older ones. They both should be about the same effort to wire in...
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Yep 90-91 harness is better. I like the newer relays they have. But either will work. Just read through all the conversion threads. It's pretty simple. Hardest part is the TV lever
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

Working...
      X