• Show
Clear All

1989 mgm

Here is a picture of my husband's 1989 MGM. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2368.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	1300756
    "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach​ a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat drinking beer all day."

Nice car. Can we get a picture of the front? Looks like it has the factory installed grille.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Here is a pic of the front with the happy owner. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2369.png
Views:	1
Size:	551.6 KB
ID:	1272745
      "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach​ a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat drinking beer all day."

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Beautiful car! Love that grille.

I had an '85 MGM in gray that I bought used in '87 (it was an ex-Hertz rental car). To this day I think it was the best car I ever owned. Used to commute everyday from Detroit to Flint for work (145 miles roundtrip daily)....never gave me a problem.

Comment

Am I correct in saying this isn't the original grille?

Comment

Originally posted by papawto8 View Post
              Yes this is not a factory grille. It is aftermarket. Car looks well cared for !

Comment

Originally posted by papawto8 View Post
                I belive many anniversary MGMs came with that grille. But, you could order it through ford and have the dealer install it. Very expensive too.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

My hubby and I talked about that grille last night. I forgot that the neighbor who we bought the car from ran it through his garage one night. He pressed the gas pedal instead of the brakes. He blames it on the fact they put them to close to each other. So I figure that is why the grille is not the original. My husband looked at it this morning and said it has a "classic" decal on the grille. As we speak he is out in the driveway giving his "baby" a bath.

Comment

I had a neighbor do that before. He pulled into his wood garage and then floored it. Blew right through the back of the garage down the neighbors driveway, across the street, up a neighbors driveway and finally into the side of someones house.....he never drove after that. He lived! but never drove again.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X