Clear All

How much is por 15? Is it expensive?

'93 T-bird
    '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
    '88 Mark VII
    '86 CV

Comment

Does anyone know if automatic headlights and radio bezel from an '89 CV work in my GM?

'93 T-bird
      '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
      '88 Mark VII
      '86 CV

Comment

Well I couldn't get the auto light but I managed to get a gas tank. I know the radio bezel wont work.

'93 T-bird
        '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
        '88 Mark VII
        '86 CV

Comment

Originally posted by purplebomb302 View Post
          How much is por 15? Is it expensive?
          Yeah it is expensive, especially when you taek into consideration all of the other things you need to do the job right.

You can get an idea if prices on ebay.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

If your gonna drive it in the winter, get it oil undercoated after POR 15ing's it. I POR 15'd the shit out of the underside of my old 91 Grand Marq, and after 2 Buffalo winters the rust was already coming back.
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
              If your gonna drive it in the winter, get it oil undercoated after POR 15ing's it. I POR 15'd the shit out of the underside of my old 91 Grand Marq, and after 2 Buffalo winters the rust was already coming back.
              Definitely not going to be a winter vehicle.

I replaced the ignition switch today. It wouldn't go back to accessory.

Here's what the old on looked like:

I also have to replace the headlight switch as I don't have dash lights or warning lights or chime and adjusting the headlight switch left and right to dim the dash lights blew the fuse.

'93 T-bird
              '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
              '88 Mark VII
              '86 CV

Comment

Since I didn't have anything better to do at work on overtime I thought I'd paint the gas tank.

The straps won't be in till Wednesday along with the h-pipe for the exhaust.

'93 T-bird
                '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                '88 Mark VII
                '86 CV

Comment

Looks like a fun project!

Random thought: Maybe get an early-style grille to go with the '79 bumper and inserts?
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                    Looks like a fun project!

Random thought: Maybe get an early-style grille to go with the '79 bumper and inserts?
                    I've thought about it. Kinda on the fence a little.

I got the car on the road yesterday and drove it. It's not bad. Seems to stumble a lot when on the gas or taking off from a stop with putting the gas more than half down. I still have to change the fuel filter and i'd like to clean the injectors.

'93 T-bird
                    '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                    '88 Mark VII
                    '86 CV

Comment

I've thought about it. Kinda on the fence a little.

I got the car on the road yesterday and drove it. It's not bad. Seems to stumble a lot when on the gas or taking off from a stop with putting the gas more than half down. I still have to change the fuel filter and i'd like to clean the injectors.
                      Ah CFI goodness at it's best. My '84 did the same exact things. Filter and injector were good on mine, I just think it's the silly early fuel injection system that could be causing your issue

sigpic

Comment

very nice find purple, lil' late here but i been away from the forums for a bit but indeed a VERY good catch ya got there! Take care of her.
                        Last edited by Nvy; 08-04-2013, 03:00 PM.

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis

Comment

Originally posted by 84GrandMarquis View Post
                          Ah CFI goodness at it's best. My '84 did the same exact things. Filter and injector were good on mine, I just think it's the silly early fuel injection system that could be causing your issue
                          It could be. I know it needs a tune up and filters.

'93 T-bird
                          '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                          '88 Mark VII
                          '86 CV

Comment

I finally got around to putting the tripminder in.

Wiring was pretty easy. I've got an EVTM for it and using a pinout from an old thread I found helped out. But the only problem I have is getting the wire into the ECM. I've got the hole drilled but I don't have a pin to put in there. Something I should seek at the j/y?

'93 T-bird
                            '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                            '88 Mark VII
                            '86 CV

Comment

or find Ryan or Zack since you're in that area and see if they have any pins lying around.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I finally got around to putting the tripminder in.

Wiring was pretty easy. I've got an EVTM for it and using a pinout from an old thread I found helped out. But the only problem I have is getting the wire into the ECM. I've got the hole drilled but I don't have a pin to put in there. Something I should seek at the j/y?
                                Tangent..... What way did you get to the ECM? Did you remove inner fender well?
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X